hf1

More wool/ night questions

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

More wool/ night questions

Postby Kim » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:46 pm

So I now have a night nappy and a wool soaker but I am scared of using it. We are currently in disposables at night and finding them increasingly unreliable.
Should the soaker be snug fitting? Can I put pjs over the top? We use a 3.5 tog sleeping bag with sleeves as Willows room is freezing- would wool work?
Thanks
Kim

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: More wool/ night questions

Postby LynniferT » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:06 pm

I used a grobag with DD when she wore wool and it was fine... Can't remember if she had pj's tho... Possibly just a pj top or nightie, So nothing was over the wool.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:42 am

One of the great joys of wool is that it don't have to be close fitting. It can be HUMUNGOUS and still work. The only time it may not work is if it's too tight, and squeezes the nappy underneath. As long as everything over the top is as breathable as the wool (try to use natural fibres) you can put anything on over, and it will work. If you use a polyester sleeping bag, leave it open a bit, so the air can circulate. And if you have a waterproof mattress cover, lay a big fluffy towel between mattress and sheet, to again hep air circulation.

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:17 pm

Chickened out of using wool on Willows first night in cloth. I cant leave her sleeping bag open a bit because the zip ends at her face (centre zip - bottom to top) would this be a problem @Little Pants

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:24 pm

Not necessarily. If it's a big bag it should be fine, and if it's natural fibres it will be fine as well. The only way to find out is to try it LOL

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Percy is in wool at night and is still very well swaddled (only way he'll sleep). It still works fine :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:48 pm

I always used bags with no problems and have been swaddling with Rémy which has also be fine :widesmile: it really is magic!

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:04 pm

Going to have to get brave then and try it.

Return to Wraps (pilchers)