hf1

Making wraps

My avatar
JoH
Clothie
Clothie

Making wraps

Postby JoH » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi there - I have started using a Motherease Airflow wrap over little lamb nappies and have found it brilliant. As it is quite a simple design I thought I'd have a go at making some - i've done one but wondered if anyone knows what the fabric around the leg holes and edges is? It works really well but have been struggling to find anything similar. Or has anyone else made their own wraps and could suggest an alternative? Any advice much appreciated!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Making wraps

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi Jo, it is called Fold Over Elastic (FOE). I ordered mine from the states but I'm sure you can get it in the UK (I was in Oz at the time). I made one newborn one and loved it. I'll try to find my post about it when I'm on my laptop! You'll have to post a pic of yours :)

My avatar
JoH
Clothie
Clothie

Postby JoH » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:17 pm

Thank you! I'll give that a go, have seen it online I think... I think I've spent more buying all the bits to make them than I would have done buying the wraps! Oh well...

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:53 pm

I ordered loads of fold over elastic a few years ago and I've still got more than i think I'll ever use! I'll happily post you some for free if you like? I really should make some wraps myself too!

Return to Wraps (pilchers)