hf1

Fleece PJs as soakers?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Fleece PJs as soakers?

Postby Mareth » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:00 pm

I saw some great fleece PJs in Penneys/Primark today for only €5 (so probably about £3) and was wondering whether they'd work as soakers, has anyone else seen them, do you think they'd work or are they too thin?

I bought some anyway cos they were so cute.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Fleece PJs as soakers?

Postby babyroo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:02 pm

Harry had some and I used them as longies, with no leaks. They were just REALLY stinky in the morning :babyroll:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:34 pm

Great, I might give them a go then. Even if they don't work they're still really cute pirate pjs :yohoho: They'll have to wait til xmas tho, as they're age 2-3 so a bit big for now really.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:22 pm

same as Ali :wink: they do work great as an extra layer over a fleece wrap though :wink:

still stinky though :?

jan x

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:26 pm

At least they seem to work kind of. I've had a terrible time with PJs, I generally don't bother, I just put rhys in a vest and put him in his grobag. The times I have put him in PJ bottoms they crept in the top of the nappy over night and were soaked and stinking in the morning, didn't seem to bother him enough to wake him though. I hope the fleece will at least just evaporate instead of being soaked.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:43 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:The times I have put him in PJ bottoms they crept in the top of the nappy over night and were soaked and stinking in the morning.

This use to happen to us depending on what wrap we were using. The only wrap we could use at night with pj's ended up being motherease airflows.

Return to Wraps (pilchers)