hf1

Layers over wool wrap

My avatar
Zeta
Clothie
Clothie

Layers over wool wrap

Postby Zeta » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:36 pm

Hi, please excuse me if this has been asked and answered already in previous posts. I'd like to try a wool wrap over our Bamboozles for my 5 month old baby. Can I still use a sleepsuit and his grobag? Thank you!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Layers over wool wrap

Postby clothmama » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:50 am

Hi Zeta - yes you can still use both those things although I tend to go up a sleep suit size as you don't want it too be tight at all over the wool as it can compress. If you have wool longies (or shorties in summer) you can also just use them as PJ pants. HTHs @Zeta

My avatar
Zeta
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Zeta » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:45 am

Thank you very much clothmama! I'm hoping to try that as he got nappy rash after using a cloth nappy for one night only. He's fine during the day, but I think he might have got a heat/sweat rash overnight.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:14 am

Zeta wrote:Thank you very much clothmama! I'm hoping to try that as he got nappy rash after using a cloth nappy for one night only. He's fine during the day, but I think he might have got a heat/sweat rash overnight.

You're welcome :widesmile: and welcome to the forum too :wave: @Zeta
I think PUL overnight can cause redness in sensitive babies, certainly with my DS2 he was much better in wool and didn't get red where he did with PUL (although not in the day).

My avatar
Zeta
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Zeta » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:54 pm

Thank you @clothmama. From what I've read so far, I feel that he will suit wool better. Before I buy any, I will give the PUL wrap another go but I'll make sure I put a fleece liner in this time (I had a paper liner last time). I really hope that something will work in the end.

Return to Wraps (pilchers)