Knitting!

My avatar
MamaSyers
Clothie
Clothie

Knitting!

Postby MamaSyers » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:39 am

Hi everyone

My mum has found some old knitting patterns (she is doing cardigans!) but I wondered, could the wool pants like on this photo be used as a nappy cover? Is there a specific type of wool you have to use? Do you know @clothmama?

Thank you!

Vicky xx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Knitting!

Postby clothmama » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:18 am

Absolutely they would be fine in terms of shape, the only thing would be DK wool is often too thin - you want something a bit thicker (your mum will probably know how to adjust the pattern). There are also lots of free patterns on line - sorry I havent' been back to answer your questions on the other thread, I'll do so later! As far as wool goes it just has to be pure wool (or almost I think you can get away with 85% as a minimum if you find something you really love). Also try to make sure it is soft not scratchy @MamaSyers :widesmile:

My avatar
MamaSyers
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MamaSyers » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Ah thank you, my mum doesn't think she's pro enough But may ask my Granny what she thinks to trying! I have bought one off the Internet and it was quite reasonable so will see what that one is like, my mum thinks it will be easier to buy rather than make. Wish i could knit! X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:19 pm

This pattern is very popular and it can be made as longies, shorties or a soaker by just adjusting how long it is:
http://www.thoughtline.com/doodlesknits ... tline.com/

If someone can knit them for you they will generally be cheaper than buying, particularly if you are wanting longies as well for the winter and your nan would probably be thrilled to be asked!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Return to Wraps (pilchers)