hf1

Changing wraps

My avatar
Bluetomato
Clothie
Clothie

Changing wraps

Postby Bluetomato » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:26 pm

How long do you leave it before changing wraps? Harrison is in his 3rd nappy of the day and hes still got the same wrap on. The wrap seems ok, plus....I LOVE it!!! - Its a lovely stripy fleece pul one from nappyelite.
Sorry for all the questions :)

Vicki
x

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Changing wraps

Postby JanX » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:44 pm

hiya

I have always put a clean wrap on at every change.. but then I like a change and always had far too many lovely wraps when we were in full time fitteds

I should imagine that so long as the wrap isn't soiled or smelly then it could be ok for the whole day :wink:

jan x

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:57 pm

Depends on the type of wrap. If it's PUL, only if it's soiled or beginning to smell so usually Harriet has the same one on all day. If it's a fleece wrap then it gets changed at every change. Wool usually manages all day too depending how heavy she is wetting on that day.

hth

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:47 pm

I'm glad you asked this. I've been changing everytime but i don't have enough.
I did think the other day that i would proberly be able to use several times before washing. :wine:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:51 pm

I use a PUL wrap all day unless it gets poo on it (and if we are out and only a teeny amount then sometimes that just gets wiped off for reuse if I don't have a spare) When Ben was tiny a wrap could last 2 days if I really liked the look. I do remember hearing you can just wipe the inside of PUL and leave to dry to freshen up for the next day!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:46 pm

I would use a pul wrap all day and change it at bedtime as long as it wasn't soiled. If it seems overly wet then I would air it and use it again later. That is the biggest advantage of wraps - you can co-ordinate them to the outfit and wear them all day, unlike pockets :wink:

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:35 pm

Yes we use the same pPUL wrap all day provided it doesn't get icky. :D

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:46 pm

I usually have two in rotation during the day, so one comes off, gets wiped down and then dries while the other one's in use... and I usually use the same two (or three) for a couple of days, until they get a bit whiffy. :lol:

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:24 pm

DD gets a clean wrap every other change but somtimes i need to change it each time because she poo's a lot! LOL With ds i used one for the morning, one for the afternoon and one for night time.

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)