hf1

Which Fleece Wrap?

My avatar
sunny
Clothie
Clothie

Which Fleece Wrap?

Postby sunny » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:15 am

Hi, can anyone offer adivce on what fleece wraps work best for them at night? Minki? Stacinator? Totsbots red? Others? My dd has very chubby thighs and needs a high rise and she tends to soak through her WN NN at the back. Any info/advice would be appreciated, thanks, Claire :)

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Re: Which Fleece Wrap?

Postby Allie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:30 am

I used to like the pull on soaker type ones. We used Babybufters but NappyElite also make them now I think :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:48 am

We have used WN fleece wraps over our night nappies in the past. Does your dd move about a lot at night? If she doesn't you will probably be better of with wool as fleece can be prone to compression wicking. Fleece wraps have to be washed after every use whereas wool doesn't.

My avatar
sunny
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sunny » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:51 am

That's good advice Louise, currently Ciara doesn't move much at all during the night so perhaps wool is my best bet. Of course, in another month or so she may be wiggling, rolling and scooting all over the place and then I can get into more fleece! Claire x

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:28 pm

I can recommend wool too. Have you tried folding over the popper-in bit of the NN night booster so there's an extra layer at the back? I do that at the front (my daughter's wet zone), plus add a bamboo insert folded in half at the front, and it works really well.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:32 pm

Yup folding the boosters to the front/back, is such a good idea, we fold the boosters in Jaks NLs to the front so he has 10 layers at the front and only 2 at the back and the back still doesn't get wet!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:52 pm

We use mainly wool but also use a babybuffers fleece soaker (from Allie), she moves about a lot a night so don't get problems with wetness soaking through.

My avatar
sunny
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sunny » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:59 am

Thanks for the advice everyone. Last night, I folded the inside booster to double at the back and it did work better. Sounds like I need to get some wool, don't think I'll bother with the fleece until she really starts moving around. Claire x

Return to Wraps (pilchers)