hf1

Bummis super whisper wraps

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Bummis super whisper wraps

Postby flutterby » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:27 am

are they any good, I was reading babylonglegs blog and followed a few links and ended up here, and I love it!!! so I need to know is it functional as well as funky??

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Bummis super whisper wraps

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:06 am

I think they're a bit stiff and plasticy - at least the NB/small one I have upstairs is very plasticy and stiff... Perhaps newer ones aren't - I agreee, looks ace!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:13 am

They're on my list of stuff to avoid, though for the life of me I can't recall why ... I'm sure I must have had a reason! :giggle: That flower print is really pretty.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:28 am

I'm on the hunt for a few new wraps at the minute (having decided that I really can't afford a WN one :( ) and I was looking at the bummis ones, but read somewhere yesterday that bummis are also known as cotton bottoms :-? but not 100% sure if that's the same CB as the old tommee tippee ones. I have a few cotton bottoms wraps and they're ok for light wetters and young babies, but no good really for Rhys, for us they have to be changed with each nappy.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:47 pm

I had some NB ones for Katie and they weren't very reliable at all. I think I used one about 3 times and then gave up as we kept getting wicking. :roll:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:55 pm

Sounds like a no no then, probably a good thing as I really don't need another wrap, we don't use the ones we have as Summer is always in wool, I just love the print!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:06 pm

really strange, we love them! Have loved them in all sizes from newborn up, never found a problem with them wicking (or anymore than any other wrap), slim fitting and I haven't found them to be plasticky either - has it been washed yet steph?

In the past cotton bottoms sold them, but they still said made by bummis for cotton bottoms. When I looked into them a while ago I found rave reviews about them in the US and they never even mentioned Motherease.

See I would say try it :wink:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:09 pm

Have you used cotton bottoms as well as the bummis Annette? Are they different? If they are I might get one after all.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:12 pm

I've only ever used the cotton bottoms ones, but they are exactly the same as the bummis ones - even down to the prints when they were current - I still have the froggy ones for someone to grow into as I think they are XL, although should drag out the drawer to try, some in white and star baby which could have been for cotton bottoms or just discountined.

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)