hf1

Wraps for newborns

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Wraps for newborns

Postby JennyPenny » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:01 pm

On a completly differnent note - how early do you think onesize pockets can come into it? I have enough onesize pockets (3 bumgenious and about 4 -5mommys touch and a few others) for a day or so use I think. But wasn't sure if they actually fit from the start?

We have got quite a few disposables that we got for free so will probably use those up as well :oops:. Will use disosables when we are in hospital at least, and then just see how we go. I will probably be wanting to try out the washables after the first day or so at home.

I have just found that I have a modern baby XS wrap which is in excellent condition, possibly new even. Do you think that would be any good?

I will look into the other suggestions on here a bit later on as got to pop to the school run now. :roll:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:05 pm

JennyPenny wrote:I have just found that I have a modern baby XS wrap which is in excellent condition, possibly new even. Do you think that would be any good?

I had one, I believe it was a cotton outer so Katie needed changing slightly more often than the other wraps otherwise it would start to wick but other than that we didn't have any problems with it. No idea about OS nappies though, I only used fitteds in the early weeks. Others have successfully used BGS though I think.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:06 pm

BG fit Iris from birth. And I was really surprised at how well they dealt with BF poo.

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Yep, BGs have been a good fit on Evie. I have one Mommy's Touch but think it's a bit bulky on her, will be keeping it til she's older - I loved the fit on Matthew on the largest setting.

I've always found tots wraps fine but have heard lots of people say they haven't found them reliable.
The wraps I'm using with Evie are tots size 0, thirsties xs, weenotions s and nature babies s - nature babies is my favourite I think - really cute and so reliable!

Joanne

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:24 pm

Where did you get your nature babies wraps from? If I get some, I would like some nice girly colours. I looked on ebay and the only girly ones in small are sets of 4 which are £30 plus postage which I think is a bit much when I havn't tried it yet. Will have a look for some preloved.

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:40 pm

I got mine from babykind

Joanne

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:56 pm

Got mine from boocoo!

BGs fitted Summer from birth too!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:35 pm

BG's we had to wait until nearly 3 months old due to the large size v small baby (the same as all the other onesizes fitted / pockets)

Previous

Return to Wraps (pilchers)