hf1

Airflow vs Rikki?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Airflow vs Rikki?

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:57 pm

Hi. Just wondering What the difference is? We have always used airflows and for some reason I have this thing where I think rikkis are rubbish but I have no idea why I think this as I don't think I have ever even used one! I got some today at an NCT nearly new sale because they came in a pack with some MEOS that I wanted, like a small bundle.

What are the pros and cons of each? It is just that I might sell the rikkis but wanted to check first as they are medium and I don't actually have any airflows in medium and although Elouise is in m/l, I could keep for the newborn but pointless keeping if I am not going to want them!

Thank you!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Airflow vs Rikki?

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:03 pm

I actually preferred the fit of the Rikkis on a newborn. The gussets on the legs seemed to hold in bf poo better than the airflow wraps I had. Plus they're applix fastening so they are more adjustable. I can't stand applix now though. :roll:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:32 am

I always preferred Rikkis. I found them a better fit, more adjustable, better containment and far less poofy round the hips so a trimmer fit.

The basic differences are:

Rikki velcro Airflow poppers
Rikki has extra leg gussets
The airflows are designed to be poofy to allow air to flow around the inside of the wrap (hence the big gaps at the poppers and the baggy fit).

hth

jan x

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:47 am

i much preffered the rikki's on sam as a nb and have 2 mediums which still just about fit over a small large nappy- IYKWIM-A MED WOULD PROBABLY BE V BIG FOR A NB I HAD AN XS which lasted for ages

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:27 am

I prefered the Rikkis when Bella was smaller as it just seemed easier, but I am now changing to an Airflow (I only have 1) as we prefer the fit of popper wrap, and she can't take it off!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:19 am

I always used Rikkis on my 2 when they were small, they gave a better fit and the leg gussets made them very reliable. My dh also preferred velcro on wraps as he found them easier.

We moved more towards airflow once they started to sit as I did find the velcro had a tendancy to rub their tummies but then they get past that stage again as they stand up.

Return to Wraps (pilchers)