hf1

wraps and rashes??

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

wraps and rashes??

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:59 pm

I don't use wraps very often but Gracie had one on today and when I took it off she had red bumps on her legs where the elastic sits, it was a large Hollow Oak (same happens with her large WN) do you think she is reacting to the elastic? I wasn't at all tight infact the waist was on the tightest snaps and the legs on the loosest, have tried it on the middle snaps as well with the same thing happening????

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: wraps and rashes??

Postby flutterby » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:03 pm

My niece is allergic to something in some wraps (that was soo helpful, lol) so it is possible!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:04 pm

Could it be detergent build up? I think someone had a similar problem a while ago, stripped the wraps and all was ok again.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:05 pm

Oh, I noticed this on Kaydi today. She wore a wrap for bed last night as her wool was wet.
I thought I'd put it on too tight, I'm wondering now. I can't see me doing it to tight. hmmmm

No help sorry

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:07 pm

it was her gorgeous Hollow Oak set she had on, bit gutted but she can at least still wear the nappy, more custom woolies possibly them!!!! :giggle:
Claire sounds like it could be something in the elastic then!!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:55 am

I'd definitely try strip washing the wrap just in case of detergent build up in the elastic as this happened to our wraps.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:06 am

I'll give them a strip wash but the HO oak has only been used a few times, fc it works

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:18 am

Lottie always got this rash with ME airflow's, i gave up using them in the end :( No matter how loose i did them up and the stripe washes didn't seem to help, she always reacted to the binding! Thats why she is in wool most of the time now :D

Hope you find the solution :hug:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:35 pm

Sounds like it could just be one of those things, occasionally Ben can get a rash and I never know the reason why - I wash any PUL wraps in with clothes and make sure it is in bio washing powder. Just try again once the rash clears up and see if you can pinpoint what it could be - I never have managed, but I do know wool wraps wool well for us for keeping the whole bum area less spotty and prone to rashes and redness.

Return to Wraps (pilchers)