hf1

what Weenotions wraps would you recommend?

My avatar
metju
Clothie
Clothie

what Weenotions wraps would you recommend?

Postby metju » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi,
in a previous post I asked what wraps worked well with Fluffles and Weenotions wraps were recommended. I had a look at the Weenotions website and there is quite a choice of materials, so I'm as confused as ever.
Which ones are good? I'm planning to use them with Fluffles and possibly with night nappies.
Thank you.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: what Weenotions wraps would you recommend?

Postby Frances » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Most WN wraps have PUL (plastic-type material) on the inside, so the outer is for show rather than functional! Only thing I'd recommend is that you avoid cotton outers if you have a heavy wetter - it can wick moisture from the nappy. I personally love minkee and cuddlesoft outers with embroideries! They also do fleece which is quite good for nights but not good for day - if your LO is sat or laid in the same position for a length of time, wetness will be forced through. I don't use fleece any more.

I recommend wool with night nappies; it allows moisture to evaporate. We now exclusively use wool at nights. WN don't do wool but lots of WAHM's do, Ali (Babyroo on here) has lots of fantastic wool in her shop; Pixieknits.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:23 pm

Definitely cuddlesoft and minkee outers for daytime use. We startes using wool at night and now only use wool over our fitteds. It's fab. And Ali at Pixie Knits makes beautiful things. :D

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:41 pm

WTS

any outer would be fine, provided your LO isn't a heavy wetter, Summer can go all night in a cotton outer WN wrap!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:54 pm

We have never had a problem with cotton outers on wraps but if you are worried about wicking then avoid it. Anything apart from that would work well - just find something you like :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:25 pm

We have never used a pul wrap at night only ever wool longies or soaker. We have a wn cotton outer wrap and have never had a problems with wicking but Gracie is a light/medium wetter. Can't recommend Ali at pixi knits enough, her items are fab

My avatar
metju
Clothie
Clothie

Postby metju » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:52 pm

Thank you all. I'm not too sure about wool but I'll try the PUL wraps :wink:

Return to Wraps (pilchers)