hf1

Anyone use fleece soakers?

My avatar
sandraseventynine
Clothie
Clothie

Anyone use fleece soakers?

Postby sandraseventynine » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:54 am

I have a few small ones from debbies nappies and there really cute!
I've not really used them yet, just tried them on with the bimbles and took photos.
Was wondering if they're any good? Are they just for night? What nappy do you use it with?
Any info appreciated :)
Thanks, Sandra x

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Anyone use fleece soakers?

Postby Frances » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:08 pm

I sometimes use them at night - not in the day. They're effective with pretty much any night nappy - I use Huggles, Flutterby Nights, Upsy Daisy Night Nappies, amongst others. I prefer wool covers though - they are more effective, don't smell at all and can just be aired (rather than washed) between uses.

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:22 pm

i use fleece staccinator when our wool in being washed for night nappies- usually over ud nn always works for us :D

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:40 pm

I used to use fleece soakers until I discovered wool but mostly over night nappies as I found that they tended to wick under clothing during the day.

My avatar
sandraseventynine
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sandraseventynine » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:41 pm

Wool seems expensive. Would I need many? I have twins so have to get double everything :shock:
Don't know anything about wool wraps, think i'll have to investigate further. My Mum can knit, are they easy to make? :knit:
Thanks, Sandra x

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:04 pm

NKFN has a special offer on atm - see below http://www.nkfn.co.uk

have a bit of a break between custom orders coming up whilst I wait for delivery of yarn. So I thought a nice specail offer will fill the time, so for a limited time I am offering new customers and those new to wool the oppertunity to try a wool cover for £5* plus postage of £1.

*Only soakers are available sizes newborn to medium are £5 and extra charge of £1 for large, £2 for XL and £3 for XXL to cover the cost of the materials, the yarn I am going to be using is BFL aran hand dyed by Chrissy of bright dyes, I have a variety of shades available so something for boys and girls, I also have some UK aran, it isn't as soft as BFL to start, but softens wonderfully with washing, I only have girly colours in this, soakers made from this yarn will be a pound cheaper.

I have time to make around 5 covers depending on the size, if this proves popular I may open it up again in a few weeks time. Any questions please get in touch.

But they are very easy to make especially if you use aran yarn which knits up fast- but you need to make sure its at least 80% pure wool

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:05 pm

if you join http://www.ravelry.com there are lots of free patterns on there for wraps/longies/soakers and more....

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:17 pm

I have a fleece soaker that I use at nights and it is great, never had any problems and it doesn't get whiffy. x

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:30 pm

If you're just using wool at night, you could get away with two for each LO for to start with - although you would need to wash and lanolise them separately as they can take 2 or 3 days to dry - but I really recommend using wool in the day, too!

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)