hf1

To cover a huggle....

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

To cover a huggle....

Postby clarge » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:02 am

Hi - Dylan is 1 and is going to be in huggles at night from today, until my NN comes and then he'll be in that too, we have a large airflow wrap which should fit over them but i want to move away from pul, have ordered a fleece soaker from DN and a fleece wrap but i dont know if they will be big enough... Any suggestions for something else? My aunt is knitting me a wool soaker, but the yarn is so expensive and the wool soakers online are too....

Also, similar to the last post on here, when wearing fitteds in the day, what is a good wrap? Thats not just bog standard PUL and not too bulky? Dylan is quite the trendy child and has a lot of jeans and combats etc.... When wearing those i suppose the pockets and AIO are better but just in case....

Cara x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: To cover a huggle....

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:50 pm

I think you've just about covered (sorry about the pun!) all bases there...

I would go with wool as the best solution - look for preloved wool in the classifieds as that's a LOT cheaper than buying new and has the advantage that it's usually fairly well lanolised by the time it gets to you...

Fleece is better than PUL at night but isn't as good as wool... I've got a large cream/white fleece wrap which definately fits over large huggles for sale at the moment - PM me if you're interested :wink:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:24 pm

I love Huggles; we tend not to use PUL at night and prefer wool (Puddlepants couche covers are good but feel a little scratchy), bloomers and longies, and we sometimes use fleece; stacinators are fab. A size 2 Tots Bot fleece wrap will also just about cover a large Huggle.

For day fitteds, we use wool normally, but if you want Dylan to wear jeans etc, PUL is your best bet.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:14 pm

I think you've been told or already know all you need to! If you want to use fitteds in the day under his normal clothes then PUL will be the only way to go I would think, nature babies wraps are quite slim and a little funkier than ME wraps, WN wraps are gorgeous but a bit bulky!!

Return to Wraps (pilchers)