hf1

MOTHEREASE

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

MOTHEREASE

Postby beck » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:14 pm

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I'm having a seniors moment.

Are rikki or airflows better in a nb wrap??

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:21 pm

I would go for Rikki as they are a bit more adjustable, give a closer fit and have leg gussets. We used small rikkis on Charlotte basically from birth and they were very reliable.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:48 pm

My vote would be for rikkis too for the same reasons

easier to adjust, slimmer fit and have the leg gussets for extra containment!

I always find th airflows kind of balloon at the front!

jan x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:45 pm

I only had rikkis in xs and s (he was tiny though (3kg) but even so didn't really need the xs but they were so lovely and trim! I thought they were great. It was only later I started preferring wraps with poppers. Middle of night changes would have been a nightmare with poppers too I would think!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:29 pm

That's a good point Tory, it seems a long time ago but I vaguely remember nighttime changes in semi-darkness and that would have been much more tricky with poppers.

Mark has always been a bigger fan of velcro as well.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:37 pm

I've gone for the rikki's too (and other velcro wraps for adjustability and speed!)

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:46 pm

I'm going to disagree I'm afraid! :lol: We had 6 small rikkis and 1 small airflow. I HATE velcro. I hate the noise it makes in the middle of the night and I hate that stiff panel on the front that you get with velcro. I also found it hard to get the velcro adjusted so it wouldn't rub. The airflows do look a bit bulkier than the rikkis though.

I was very glad when we moved to mediums at 4 weeks as they are all airflows. :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:15 am

Just goes to show see - that is why they do different tyes 'cos everyone is different :D And that is why we say to people they have to try things before they commit to buying lots of them as you never know what you are going to prefer.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:18 am

Thanks girls, I think I might get one of each and see what a like better on a nb, I have 2 airflows in larger sizes and like them so might just see what works better.

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)