velcro help

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

velcro help

Postby littlesez » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:34 pm

My little lambs nappies are working out great, the velcro on them is fine but on the wraps its going already boooooo! The material has curled IYKWIM and so they are now leaking because they are not staying tight. I foloowed all washing instructions and loads of life left in them so really disappointed. What shall I do? I have used them as my staple nappy for 41/2 months, so is this just what happens. Plus I dont really like poppered wraps so in a quandry which to buy for next size up when we get there.

Any advise? TIA

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: velcro help

Postby happytails » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:56 am

I cant really help much as we love the poppered wraps but i have a size 2 LL wrap i wont be using if you want it?

Do you line dry or tumble?

Im sure someone else will come along with the answer! :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:38 am

Motherease rikki wraps are velcro and v.reliable - I've got a small you could borrow to see how you get on with it if you'd like?
I've also got a blueberry wrap which is velcro - the velcro is very strong on this... BUT it's not as good a fit over some nappies unfortunately... I'll try it over a little lamb later and let you know how I get on...

Has the sticky side of the velcro become full of fluff? De-fluffing might help it be more sticky again...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:39 am

PS do you do your wraps up in the wash?

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:04 am

some one on here told me to put them in the dryer for a few minutes as it makes the velcro sticky again.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Thanks guys, I do them up in the wash, i line dry them mostly sometimes they are in dryer for half n hour. There are 5 of them so i have written to little lambs to ask for advise too as it would be a shame to not use them now as sthey have been so reliable until now

Return to Wraps (pilchers)