hf1

wraps at night

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

wraps at night

Postby twinkletot » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:55 am

What do you use and what seems to work the best? Am starting on night cloth this week and want to know what would be the best sort of wrap to use. Ta

Sam x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: wraps at night

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:07 am

I love wool at night, it really is fantastic and even though it seems like it could be overwhelming it isn't once you try! When all my wool is wet or dirty I use nature babies or wee notions wraps.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:10 am

You can use normal pul wraps at night like you do in the day - although you may need to size up in order to fit over a large night nappy. But as Tory says, many people choose to use wool overnight as it is more breathable and can be more effective as it allows some of the moisture to evaporate so definately worth a look. It is also very cute :D

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Thanks for the replies. I have been thinking about wool but am not sure as ds doesn't agree with lanolin in products so not sure how he would be with lanolised wool!! I would love some though. I might try the WN wraps first and see how we go.

Sam x

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Lots of people seem to like fleece wraps, I used the Red Wrap by Tots Bots and it was fine, but I prefered wool. I also used Motherease Airflow overnight, it seemed to keep the nappy area a bit cooler and is a bit more generous than some others, and you need a generous wrap for big night nappies.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:00 am

Yeah you could try fleece, then you wouldn't need to lanolise. I don't find it as effective as wool but is more breathable than pul and the advantage over wool if you can put them in the normal nappy wash but you do need to wash them after every use as they will smell, unlike wool.

What is dh's objection to lanolin?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 pm

It's ds's skin that has an objection to lanolin in products!! When he was smaller and his eczema was really bad it used to make it even worse. It's more me worried if the lanolising would upset his skin!!
How often do you have to wash the wool out of curiosity?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:25 am

twinkletot wrote:It's ds's skin that has an objection to lanolin in products!! When he was smaller and his eczema was really bad it used to make it even worse. It's more me worried if the lanolising would upset his skin!!
How often do you have to wash the wool out of curiosity?

My ds1 reacted to lanolin too and got little red spots when we used any product with lanolin in it.

Generally, I washed and lanolised Evies wool probably around once a month, I aired them every day over her cot rails. I knew they needed washed when after the full days airing they didnt smell fresh.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:55 am

Did you use wool with ds1? I would love to use is for ds. Washing once and lanolising once a month doesn't sound as much work as I thought it would be lol.

Sam x

Return to Wraps (pilchers)