hf1

Wrap sizing

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Wrap sizing

Postby litlestar » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:25 am

I've been buying mainly preloved wraps which admittedly i've been impressed with so far.

i have now got 5 small wraps in various makes (TB,ME Rikki & Nature Babies)

now i read on Mother ease website that the XS and the SM are for exactly the same weight category? i was looking to have 1 or 2 XS just in case is but now i might not bother, and i'm looking more towards getting a couple more mediums instead as i only have one at the mo.

admittedly i'm a little confused as to why two different sized wraps are for the same weights? am i missing something?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: Wrap sizing

Postby littlesez » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:41 am

Not sure about xs and s being same, confused myself by that (easily done :hohoho: ) Thing is with xs is that unless you have a small baby you probably will only use them for a few weeks. I had 2 xs wraps with izzy and was nice to have some very trim ones but also used size 1's too from newborn I have pics on this thread

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=20832&hilit=isobella

the first pic is with xs wrap the 3rd pic is a size 1

feel free to ask me any questions

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby litlestar » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:52 am

so i'm guessing that my size ones will be sufficient fit?

most of the wraps are aplix so i guess they can be adjusted to a tighter fit than poppers right?

i just want to have enough in hand for when the baby arrives so that i'm not caught off guard by sizing. as the small on ME website supposedly only goes upto 12lbs, which is still only a short amount of time really. but i guess it totally depending the size of baby i give birth to i guess! :oops:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:24 am

Yeh i would say size 1's are fine, but izzy was 8lbs. Aplix imo are better when your trying to get a good fit. She still fits in her size 1's now on over certain nappies so we have had good use out of them. it does depend if you have a smmall baby or if your fussed on having a trim fit for first few weeks :wink:

Return to Wraps (pilchers)