hf1

best material for a wrap?

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

best material for a wrap?

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:45 pm

what do you think is the best material for a wrap? and why?

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: best material for a wrap?

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:55 pm

I love fleece on a night time (I haven't tried wool yet) but during the day and under clothes I stick to PUL because I'm always worried Dawn will wick

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:03 pm

We only use wool - whether longies/shorties/skirties/crops or soakers. We've only ever had compression wicking issues when Iris wears a soaker and normal clothes when she's been in the sling for a very long period (a couple of hours). I like both knitted wool and interlock; I like that wool is such a breathable, natural material and very easy to care for.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:10 pm

Soupdragon wrote:We've only ever had compression wicking issues when Iris wears a soaker and normal clothes when she's been in the sling for a very long period (a couple of hours).

So wool would last in a buggy for a couple of hours maybe? Do you have to REALLY pad the nappy out, like you would at night?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:17 pm

I find a soaker lasts longer in a buggy than in a sling. I think it's because Iris has a little more movement when she's in the buggy; she's much more restricted in a sling. And DD is a heavy wetter at the best of times, but tends to drink a lot when she's in the sling, I think because she gets warmer from being held close, so is even heavier wetting than normal. I don't tend to really pad a nappy out. Though I might add an EP hemp booster if I think I'm going to be a long while. And I've discovered that you can add a booster between nappy and soaker, like you would between nappy and wrap. :)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:38 pm

WOOL! its yummy but we only use it over night as we tend to use pockets in the day, the only wrap we use is little lambs aplix because we use little lambs at home.

wool is magic stuff and have loads as i am lucky to have mil who knits beautiful soakers :wink:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:46 pm

oooh u are lucky then lol :D i dont know anybody who knits :cry:

Return to Wraps (pilchers)