hf1

Bit of an amatuer, few questions :)

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Bit of an amatuer, few questions :)

Postby keljbj » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi all. I`ve been using cloth nappies for years (daughter who is 11 was in terries) but i`m completely confused with all the new types of nappies/wraps etc lol.

I`ve got a bambino mio birth-potty pack that i`ve used for children 2 and 3 (now 4.5 and 22 months), but now need some new wraps as the old ones are quite degraded.

Can i use the funky fleece-type wraps for prefolds, or do i have to stick to the BM/cotton bottoms etc type wrap? I`m so in love with the cool patterns you can get in fleece (and anything other than BM really lol) but dont really want to go down the shaped nappy route as it would seem a waste of all tht money i`ve saved by buying the BM pack in the first place! Theres nothing wrong with the actual nappies, just the wraps.

Help me out here please ladies :lol:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Bit of an amatuer, few questions :)

Postby megansmummy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 pm

I use prefolds accasionally on my son and used them pretty much all the time on my daughter...

I like motherease rikki wraps over a tri-folded prefolds and also thrsties wraps...

If you do your prefold with a nappy nippa then you can use looser fittings wraps like airflows, weenotions etc

You can use fleece with prefolds but if you just fold you prefold and lay it in the wrap then it must be a snug fitting wrap to hold the prefold in place, leg guessets help with containment too :wink:

I quite liked a nippa'd/pinned prefold under wool :)

HTH :)

Return to Wraps (pilchers)