Chunky Thighs

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Chunky Thighs

Postby jules070603 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:34 am

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can recommend good wraps for a chunky thighed girl!!! Imogen is 18lb 5oz now and has big thighs :giggle: She has outgrown her medium WN wraps (tummy too) but I think the larges will be a bit to big just yet plus I haven't really got the funds.

I want a couple of nice print outers but I'll be needing to get preloved. Any recommendations?

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Chunky Thighs

Postby bryc1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:13 pm

We can't use medium WN wraps as they are a bad fit due to her thighs, she is only 16lb but has just over 10" thighs. I find the WN large do fit they are a bit big on tummy and poofy but they do work so use them at home for now. Out and about I use NB med wraps but they are getting small on rise but the large is too big on waist and thighs :roll:. I am seriously thinking of ordering a tykies to see if they are any better.

Hopefully someone can suggest something that is ideal.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:44 pm

i have just got a pocket bots wrap and the fit is really good. daniel has chunky thighs too. to be fair most babies have chunky thighs and there should be more wraps around to accomodate this :x
WN ones are tight round his legs and so are cotton bottoms ones. dont even get me started on bambino mio :giggle:

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:51 pm

How do you find the pul on those? As I found the pockets I had very plasticky iykwim.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:53 pm

the one i have has a fleece inner so no idea! :oops:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Try having a baby with 18 inch thighs :giggle:
I have a Large UDMinkee Aplix which fits like a dream. Also the Swaddlebees wraps with aplix fit Dawnie too. So they're probably best bets! One life in size 4 also fits her thighs.
I'm finding wool and fleece much better, as it doesnt leave red marks etc

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:55 pm

emmalala wrote:the one i have has a fleece inner so no idea! :oops:

it was the tiger one of these... viewtopic.php?f=60&t=25085

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:59 pm

The pocket bots sound pretty good think the large maybe a bit big though hmm do I try it or not I wonder.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:01 pm

bryc1 wrote:The pocket bots sound pretty good think the large maybe a bit big though hmm do I try it or not I wonder.

I've spoken to pocket bots before, and cant remember what their Large size went up to in the thighs. it was only just too small for Dawn i think... so will be in the low teens?

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)