hf1

fleece/knitted/interlock HELP!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

fleece/knitted/interlock HELP!

Postby megansmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:56 am

right, i want a soaker for Kieren to go under his sleepsuits at night and I ont know what to go for?? We use wool in the daytime...funds are limited and there is nothing pre-loved in the classifieds...

I havnt ever tried interlock or fleece and i really do know the pro's and cons of either (apart from the fact obviously that fleece is much cheaper!!)

Someone help me please! :) Im getting really confused and have spent ages going back and forth!

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: fleece/knitted/interlock HELP!

Postby jan3182001 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:37 am

fleece will need washing every use - but it does dry in about 30mins and is cheap
wool doesnt need washing unless visibly dirty, just air to allow moisture to evaporate, but when it does need washing can take a couple of days to dry

having said that i prefer wool cause it rarely needs washing - can go weeks inbetween

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:40 am

I'd never used fleece before I bought Katie's flongies but I was impressed with how dry her nappies were yesterday compared to normal. I think I'll mainly stick to wool though as it is more breathable I think and like Jan says you don't need to wash it very often. Fleece soakers are a lot cheaper so it might be worth getting a couple for use when your wool is washing/drying/lanolising.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:04 am

I made my own fleece soakers using the Katrina Quick Sew pattern. They're easy to sew, quick to make and as Jan said, they're cheap and dry really fast (Mine are dry within about 15 mins on a radiator!) At the moment, I have two and a pair of woolies (which need washing etc) but I used to just have the two fleece soakers and alternated them as I do a nappy wash everyday because of my tiny stash.

ETA: Apparently, you can also use the KQS pattern for interlock too, but never tried it

Return to Wraps (pilchers)