hf1

help wth fleece

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

help wth fleece

Postby ktinkley » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:45 pm

I bought a stacinator fleece wrap - in addition to all her other rashes DH was convinced that DD is allergic to wool :roll:

She wore it in bed the other night and the fit was lovely - I put a baby grow on her - I've been doing that with wool - when I've got one big enough and it doesn't seem to have been a problem, however when I got up in the morninwhen she'd had the fleece wrap on, her baby grow seemed damp. The sheets seemed ok and the outside of the fleece felt dry. I wouldn't say it was soaked - more one of those feelings when you put your hand on and are almost not sure if it's wet or not.

Just wondered if the cotton of the sleep suit 'pulled' the moisture through the fleece?!!?

It's not such a massive problem as we've now decided that the rash is a teething rash - comes and goes as it likes regardless of us, so we're going to stick with wool and other breathable stuff but not worry too much when it does flare up. Still it was a lovely fit and sometimes it would be nice to have something that dried a little quicker than wool.

Though if it doesn't work for us it would be a great excuse to get the stacinator wool wrap in plum that I've got my eye on! :wink:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: help wth fleece

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:37 pm

fleece does make clothes a bit 'steamy' in the mornings. dawn goes to bed in just the soaker but her room is warmest in the house

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:59 pm

Hmmmm.

Might have to have a rethink on the fleece then as our house is not that warm. I 'spose I could go for a sleeping bag, then I guess it won 't matter so much.

Nappying this child is doing my head in :x DS was quite happy in prefolds til he PT'd - why can't little madam be as easy! :crossbaby:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:25 pm

Fleece can have this effect, try boosting the nappy more or just pop a top on LO instead of a gro :) we do this and dont have any probs with moisture on the sleeping bag x

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Or, flongies! (Fleece longies)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:19 pm

How much does your LO move around at night? Fleece is prone to compression wicking if LOs are still for long periods of time such as in the pushchair/car seat or at night if they don't move around much in their sleep.

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:35 pm

She doesn't move around loads - but what confused me is she's a tummy sleeper and the moisture was all round - not at the front as I would've expected.

I was intending to make some flongies - just as soon as I find my sewing machine under the disaster area that is our dining room table at the moment - we're having the kitchen refitted and the contents of the kitchen are on top of it!

Plus I'm knitting like mad to increase my stock of wool - so hopefully drying won't be such an issue!

I put her in the fleece wrap tonight - just for a couple of hours while we were having tea before she went to bed, and it was fine so I guess it's just the amount of time over night and a bit of compression wicking as well.

Maybe as she gets a bit older and moves around more it will be a better option.

Thanks for the suggestions :D

Return to Wraps (pilchers)