hf1

Rikki or airflow? difference?

My avatar
bjl1981
Clothie
Clothie

Rikki or airflow? difference?

Postby bjl1981 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:11 am

I'm looking at Motherease wraps and wondered what is the difference between the two? I have a variety of nappies, totsbots bamboozles, terry nappies, and some prefolds, so just wondering which to go for. Thanks.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Rikki or airflow? difference?

Postby Louise » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:46 am

Rikkis are applix and front fastening. Airflow are popper fastening and fasten at the sides with two sets of poppers - one for the waist and one for the thighs.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:44 am

If you are planning to use it with prefolds then the Rikki would probably be better and it is a closer fitting wrap which will keep the prefold in place.

My dh always preferred the Rikki as it is applix fastening so he found it easier than fiddling with poppers. I preferred the look of the airflow and the fact that it doesn't have the thick band of applix. The applix is more adjustable but can be quite noisy to undo in the middle of the night! So really it can come down alot to personal preference.

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:37 pm

I find the Airflows look better for longer. The aplix on the Rikkis looks at bit tatty after time and my Toby became very adept at undoing aplix!! Hence the reason we have very few aplix wraps or nappies for Rowan. :giggle:

Cathleen xx

Return to Wraps (pilchers)