hf1

How come flongies are all the rage ATM?

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: How come flongies are all the rage ATM?

Postby ebonina » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:57 pm

I use them to cover wool wraps as I didn't want to use tights. Oh and they take about 20mins to make rather than weeks like longies!

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:05 pm

They're nowhere near as nice as wool though imho. :giggle:

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:39 pm

beffys wrote:They're nowhere near as nice as wool though imho. :giggle:

I agree, your wool interlock ones look like a much better option.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:56 pm

I only have one pair and it has a second layer inside, basically like a pair of shorts sewn into the trousers, so it's really thick in the wet zone and never leaks when I use it as a cover.

I'm thinking about getting a couple of thinner pairs to to use as trousers too - I wouldn't trust them as a wrap but I like that if you do get a leak from a pocket or a fitted with a wrap, chances are you won't even know about it, and even if you do it'll dry in nothing flat so you don't necessarily need to change the trousers (very handy if you're out and about and haven't brought spare clothes!!).

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:09 pm

I wondered the same thing!
I've got 2 pairs of flongies and a soaker now. I think they are great for out and about they are warm too. really easy to look after as PP said you can wash them with your normal clothes wash. I find them reliable as a cover too.
I'm not saying I'd rather have flongies than wool longies. I love love love my knitted longies and need more interlock longies too.

Previous

Return to Wraps (pilchers)