What wraps to get?

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

What wraps to get?

Postby aimeet » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi,
I am new to the whole cloth nappy experience and following general advice I have seen am not going to commit to one kind of nappy.I have alittle lambs microfibre freebie with pul wrap and bought three quick dry aio terry bimbles by easypeasy. These nappies don't have a wrap and was wondering if anyone had used them and what wraps they used with them?

Would Bambino Mios be any good? I have afriend who is selling her stash of these and thought I might try some?

I would love to cloth my lo as soon as it arrives in April but want to have a good variety of nappies adn wraps to try for when the time comes. I think LO will be quite big as both Mummy and Daddy are quite tall and were big(ish) babies.

Any help or advice on good reliable wraps to avoid neewborn nappy explosions would be fab. :-?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: What wraps to get?

Postby Shaunie » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi, I haven't used them myself but I have heard that the bambino mio nappies are not good - there are plenty other much better nappies around. I didn't use cloth until LO was 4 months old and mainly use pocket nappies. I'm sure there are some recent threads on here abut the best newbie nappies that are also good poo explosion catcher nappies :giggle:

I had big babies & even using eco-sposies from birth, with DS1, we skipped the 1st size due to his size :giggle:

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:41 pm

I would avoid bambino mio totally! :-? :-?

Would recommend motherease rikki on a newborn or for tiny baby and eenie snib.

Vickix

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:23 pm

Thanks guys, well the bambinos have been given to me so will give them a go- tey were free after all. I have tried the wraps over the bimbles that I got from ebay- size 0 newborns and they seem to fit well so could be a use fro them for a while at least :giggle:

I have been getting a few bits and bobs from the classifieds and hope that trying a variety will be good and help me decide if I want to have a couple of main nappy types or if I just build a stash like many others seem to.

I have heard good things about the motherease so will get a few of their wraps and have a go too. I am quite limited with drying facilities so am trying to get quick drying nappies like micro fibres and fleeces. The water where we live is very hard too so cotton tends to get a bit stiff- :(

Very excited to try new things though- haven't heard of eenie snib- will check it out. Cheers ladies :idea:
x Aimee

My avatar
mamarozi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mamarozi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:52 am

aimeet wrote:I have tried the wraps over the bimbles that I got from ebay- size 0 newborns and they seem to fit well so could be a use fro them for a while at least :giggle:

You could be surprised when you actually put that little newborn bum in the nappy, how bukier the whole thing gets :D When I bought my first fitted btp nappies and a small wrap I put it also together and it looked so cute and tiny. When the baby actually arrived, whole diff story. Still looked cute and tiny-but not the nappy, the baby ;) The nappy was huuuge and no way i could get a newborn wrap over it.
Bimbles are sized, so it will be less bulkier, but if you expect a big baby...maybe an S wrap would be better, so make sure you have one of those too.
My baby was not that huuuge, but we still skipped the newborn nappy size and also no.1 was quickly replaced w the 2.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:33 pm

I might be the only one but I actually liked using bambino mio wraps on Riley when she was small. I found them to be very cute, slim fitting and very easy to put on. I found that they covered a bimble really well.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Amanda, you aren't the only person I have heard say that, so the bag of bambinos may come in handy after all, everyone is so scathing of them, although my friend swore by them! So far I have the first and second size of wraps so theyshould see me through for a little while.
I have some more bits on the way so will keep you all updated on my voyage in the world of cloth! Thanks Ladies xxx :hug:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Sometimes I feel like I should be attending a bambino mio anonymous group -

"Hello my name is Amanda, and I've used Bambino mio" :giggle:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:29 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:Sometimes I feel like I should be attending a bambino mio anonymous group -

"Hello my name is Amanda, and I've used Bambino mio" :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: My friends used them too for both their girls until they potty trained (was 9 years ago when they started though :giggle: ) and they never used anything else & got on fine :wink: x

Return to Wraps (pilchers)