motherease airflow or popolini

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

motherease airflow or popolini

Postby Rae » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:17 pm

Was thinking about another wrap :oops:
Anyway the motherease airflow we have is a very old med/large one, and Kayleigh is on the tightest setting for the waist and the middle setting for the thighs. The popolini don't seem to do a med/large. Was wondering if I should just get a motherease one, or any other suggestions. It is to put over her night nappy, and I find anything that does up with velcro is not good for nights, as her pj's can tuck in underneath her wrap.
How do the med/large and large compare in the motherease wraps, is there a big difference in the waist?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:33 pm

I've got a Med/large ME and a Popolini Large so I'll have a look against each other tomorrow for you. I got them both at a fairly similar time so I don't think they are too much different.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:47 pm

I think the med/large is slightly slimmer and higher in the rise so is intended as a stop-gap between the medium and large for skinny babies.
As Kayleigh is still on the tightest setting of the med/large, you might find the large a bit big.

Could you order a large and try it and send it back if it doesn't fit?

My avatar
ginchyworld
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ginchyworld » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 am

I've just moved Bella up to the Large ME airflow from the Med/Large. She fits both. In the M/L she's on the largest waist popper on one side the the smaller one of the other. She's on the largest thigh popper on both sides although she does also fit the middle thigh popper. I just moved her up because they were getting too short for her! Damn long skinny babies. Anyhoo, in the large airflow she's on the smallest poppers at thigh and waist. It's still a little roomy but we haven't had any leaks. The popolini wraps are supposed to run a bit bigger than the ME ones so you're better to get the ME ones if you're worried the larges will be too large.

My avatar
sjb2711
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sjb2711 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:24 am

Rae,

If it's any help my youngest (8 months old) is in the Medium Airflow and my eldest (nearly 4 years old) wears the Large Airflow (admittedly on the outermost poppers) at night. I think they may also do an XL too. Haven't used the popolini - sorry!

Sarah

Return to Wraps (pilchers)