What wrap

My avatar
ur670
Clothie
Clothie

What wrap

Postby ur670 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:52 am

Good Morning Ladies
I was wondering whether anybody could give me some advice...
We have been using cloths nappies and ME wraps for over a year and my daughter suddenly developed a rash (on her legs under the nappy area)...

I tried starting wool and used it sucessfully for 6 weeks before this rash appeared.
I have stopped wool and started the ME wraps again but she still gets this rash.

She is now in disposables and the rash is going down :? .

I am still not sure what caused the rash and I am not sure I want to experient too much as it takes ages for it to disappear.

Are there any wraps out there that do not have the elastics or ones that are suitable for sensitve skin?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:53 pm

The lovebums wraps are PUL wraps with fleece cuffs and are extremely suitable for sensitive skin.

It could be that your nappies need stripping including giving the wraps an extra rinse cycle - have a look in our nappy rash section for more rash advice...

HTH

Steph

My avatar
angelwingz
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby angelwingz » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:09 pm

How old is your daughter??
I'm wondering whether its maybe along the lines of athletic thrush (OH used to get this from running to fire shouts)
What kind of washing detergent are you using on her nappies, do you use the same detergent for her clothing?

My avatar
ur670
Clothie
Clothie

Re: What wrap

Postby ur670 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:44 pm

Thanks to both of you.
My DD is 19 months. I wash the nappies with Fairy and use a different detergent on the rest of the laundy.

Will also check out the nappy rash section....

Ux

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:59 am

it sounds similar to my dd2 who developed a similar problem and i disovered she was allergic to the binding/pul wraps on general. I switched to l0ve bums and fleece wraps and the rash disappeared. I periodically use pul wraps again and the samething happens. I would give the pul wraps a break and either use wool/fleece. Fleece and wool wraps breath better than pul wraps. I know i shouldn't say this but if you didn't want to but a lovebums wrap new i have one in a well used condition that you can have ffp. Everything works well it is just looking abit tatty.

My avatar
ur670
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ur670 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:09 am

Hi Emste76
Oh gosh - I feel so rude I have not replied. Apologies.
I have not been online at all for a while.
That's so kind of you to offer and I would love to take you up on it if you are sure.
I will pm you if this is ok.
Thanks again
Ux

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:18 pm

You also might find that pocket nappies work quite well.

Return to Wraps (pilchers)