hf1

Red marks on legs

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Red marks on legs

Postby lazylexis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:14 pm

Today nathan wore an airflow for about 6 hours.he has red marks on his thighs now and it was on loosely,not tight at all.not sure if it's because we changed washing powder (changed back now) or due to his eczema or the wraps.
We use wool at night but if we use it all the time it aggravates his skin.
We got leaks with nature babies but have been ok with airflows and rikkis up to now.wn gave us red legs previously.
Anyone any suggestions of what to try?we've got some fleece but i think this will be too hot soon and then aggravate his skin again.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: Red marks on legs

Postby littlesez » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:34 pm

we got this with pul, so only fleece and wool for us. I would say that fleece is more breathable and therefore cooler than pul but i might e wrong

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:36 pm

I can't use any PUL wraps on Kerr at all. Even when they are not tight, he always has rings round his thighs and stomach where it's touching him. We never have any problems with wool or fleece though.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:38 pm

Going way back we used to have problems with motherease wraps with Isabelle - seems the detergent (and possibly wee too) collect in the leg bindings - a few extra rinses sorted it out no problem so hopefully that will work for you...

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Alesha gets horrendous marks on her legs from all but two PUL wraps, they come up reed and purple like whelt marks and often break the skin, the only wraps i have found that work are pocket-bots wraps they use a difference elastic to everyone else and lovebums short style as it is PUL in the body but fleece on the leg and waist cuffs, HTH xx

My avatar
cvdbout
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby cvdbout » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:08 pm

We can't use PUL for this reason - WN wraps also do it with us, so we try to stick to either all fleece, or we have one minkee wrap that is lined with polyester which is pretty good too.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pm

we use weenotions on the loosest leg setting, for night time,
or a highleg wrap like upsy daisy don't get any marks with those, :)

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:40 pm

Have you tried a Thirsties wrap? They are much softer around the legs and tummy area compared to mother ease. I find them great for night use as they are nice and stretchy and can accommodate boosting without gaping.

My avatar
Jamling
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Jamling » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Same thing happened with Jamie's legs when he was still pretty small. I did some surfing and found that quite a few little ones had this reaction to the binding on ME wraps. We changed to Wee Notions and Thirsties and his legs were fine again. Looking back it may just have been detergent build up. Don't know what size you need but I have a few large Thirsties that we don't use anymore (just use pockets or fitted and wool) you're welcome to borrow one if you want to try them out.

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)