hf1

Soakers.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Soakers.

Postby aimeet » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:28 pm

As most of you will know by now, I am building my fluff stash for my soon to arrive bub. I have decided to give fleece wraps a go for night times and was wondering if soakers do the same job?
I am clearly a total novice so any advice on how to use these would be ace. I assume that flongies do the same job as soakers and I like the idea of the breathability, how easy are they to use on a weenie baby and are they easy to make? So many questions and so many ideas and classifieds to trawl through!

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Soakers.

Postby freckle » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:34 pm

I use fleece most of the time instead of wraps - we use either flongies or soakers. Don't get any leaks. I haven't used them on a tiny baby but they are very easy to make.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:02 pm

Thanks Freckle, anyone else got any tips, have people tried soakers on a newborn?

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:12 pm

I prefered wraps when Honey was tiny although soakers were easier to get on than they are now :giggle:
not made soakers before but wraps and flongies are fairly easy to do, :D there is a blog pattern that has a newborn size im no good with links but im sure someone more intelligent than me will find it soon :giggle: or if you search in the diy section should be in there somewhere, :wink:

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Cheers Sally, I was hoping that soakers would be easy to make, gonna have to dust off the sewing machine methinks. It is currently languishing at the back of a cupboard, I also have a half made taggie that needs finishing, I am so bad at completing craft projects but after tying to hand sew the bloody thing and making a complete hash of it I gave up! :evil:
I have a couple of fleece wraps so hopefully they will be ok for nights to start with. Maybe I can make a couple of wraps. :giggle:

Return to Wraps (pilchers)