hf1

wraps over nappies

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

wraps over nappies

Postby litlestar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:06 am

i'm tempted to buy some funky wn wraps to go over Q's flips/bg organics. esp with summer coming i'd like to show his nappies off more. this is purely for the funkiness as all my fav nappies are plain (darn bg bring some prints out!!)

would a wrap over a pul nappy be too hot?

i thought having a wrap over the pul nappy would be good as it won't get poo on it either but i don't want him to be boil in a bag.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: wraps over nappies

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:19 am

I'm not too sure tbh but I think it might get a bit warm in there. You could always get some fabric paints and do your nappies or send some away to be painted.

Do you not get on with weenotions, can't beat them for show off factor xx

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby litlestar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:47 am

i love the look of them but already 'stash happy' esp as i've build up specific types to use for childcare when i go back to work in july so don't really want to be forking out for the whole nappy iykwim.

i thought it might be nice to put funky wrap over instead.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:31 pm

I think it would be far too hot - and tbh WN wraps can work out just as expensive as the pockets if you have minkee and embroideries etc.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:51 pm

Viki from bespoke baby room is going to be stocking nappy patches :wink: They would make them not so plain and you can put them on yourself.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:12 pm

twinkletot wrote:Viki from bespoke baby room is going to be stocking nappy patches :wink: They would make them not so plain and you can put them on yourself.

Was going to suggest that :giggle: You apparently stick them on with cub scout badge glue, so you don't even sew it :wine:

Or you could try and get some made/make yourself, some 'PUL wraps' without the PUL. So basically just a cotton/poly wrap?
I'm sure there was a WAHM on here who asked for some testers for a new wrap and it ended up that it wasn't a waterproof one...
Can't for the life of me remember the name of them now :-? :-?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:19 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:
twinkletot wrote:Viki from bespoke baby room is going to be stocking nappy patches :wink: They would make them not so plain and you can put them on yourself.

Was going to suggest that :giggle: You apparently stick them on with cub scout badge glue, so you don't even sew it :wine:

Or you could try and get some made/make yourself, some 'PUL wraps' without the PUL. So basically just a cotton/poly wrap?
I'm sure there was a WAHM on here who asked for some testers for a new wrap and it ended up that it wasn't a waterproof one...
Can't for the life of me remember the name of them now :-? :-?

It was Carley at Bibs N Bots and the wrap (non wrap thing) was by Noo

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:29 pm

What about a nice wool soaker or two?

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby litlestar » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:29 am

i've decided to try a wn pocket nappy but use my flip inserts with them.

i might also try using them with a wn wrap and see the difference.

Return to Wraps (pilchers)