hf1

Never thought I'd be saying this

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Never thought I'd be saying this

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:36 pm

princessliana wrote:was the sleeping bag tight?
what top did he have on? did the soaker cover all the nappy with no chance of top bit poking out? we get leaks only if nappy escapes out of the flongies at the top (ie if waist band is too loose) or she has a top on that is too long ? or if nappy not absorbant enough :D hth xx
Sally aka question master :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

No it was one of his larger sleeping bags ... he had some really loose Pj's on, soaker covered the whole nappy ... it was my LLS Night with Zorb (never normally have problems with it) the rise on the soaker isn't high enough to cope with his bedbugs but they are always wetter than the LLS so won't be trying it with those anyway!
It wasn't a leak I don't think, just that he doesn't move & has the nappy on for 12hrs, don't change him overnight as it wakes him up, he takes his 11pm feed pretty much asleep & goes straight back down ... :-?

Gutted as the 1st two I got were too small despite measurements :roll: so Vic very kindly swapped them to Mediums for me, these fit (no growing room though!) but the 2nd one has turned out too girly, the rainbow is pink not red & the light blue fleece is a bit lilacy ... so will be going on the classifieds, will try the red & egg one once more I think then if we get the same trouble I guess we'll stick to PUL which is a shame as I'd prefer breathable over the long night period. :(

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Sunset wrote:Not sure what the Pumpkin pants soakers are like but I have some longies and they are only one layer of fleece, even with my light wetter he can still wet through them as it leaks through the seams. I have some Snugglebots which are fab, two layers throughout the nappy area so no leaking at all and some Tweedlebee Tweedlebums which have a hammock strip to give two layers over the seam area.

They are lovely actually, they have extra layers in the wet zone ... but my super-heavy wetter just seems to be too much for them ... he has to be in specific night nappies, has been since 6 weeks old, no way any of his day fitteds would cut it!

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Fleece is fab, cheap, colourful, easy to care for :wine: :wine: I still love wool too though :giggle:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:29 pm

zoeyboo wrote:
princessliana wrote:was the sleeping bag tight?
what top did he have on? did the soaker cover all the nappy with no chance of top bit poking out? we get leaks only if nappy escapes out of the flongies at the top (ie if waist band is too loose) or she has a top on that is too long ? or if nappy not absorbant enough :D hth xx
Sally aka question master :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

No it was one of his larger sleeping bags ... he had some really loose Pj's on, soaker covered the whole nappy ... it was my LLS Night with Zorb (never normally have problems with it) the rise on the soaker isn't high enough to cope with his bedbugs but they are always wetter than the LLS so won't be trying it with those anyway!
It wasn't a leak I don't think, just that he doesn't move & has the nappy on for 12hrs, don't change him overnight as it wakes him up, he takes his 11pm feed pretty much asleep & goes straight back down ... :-?

Gutted as the 1st two I got were too small despite measurements :roll: so Vic very kindly swapped them to Mediums for me, these fit (no growing room though!) but the 2nd one has turned out too girly, the rainbow is pink not red & the light blue fleece is a bit lilacy ... so will be going on the classifieds, will try the red & egg one once more I think then if we get the same trouble I guess we'll stick to PUL which is a shame as I'd prefer breathable over the long night period. :(

ahhh he is a little water fountain you might be able to use them again if he calms down :giggle: oh well excuse to buy more fluff if there ever was one :giggle:
xxxx

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:11 pm

Lol!

Still love my flongies tho, they are so cosy as pj bottoms if nothing else ... will try soakers again once he starts to wean I think ... less drinking & more eating might help with his wetting!

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:51 pm

:wine:
Yey! we love our fleece too.
Kaydi wears fleece skirtys almost everyday, she wears fleece longies at night.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:17 pm

i love fleece here too. we never get any leaks at all or any dampness. i make my own soakers and flongies and i always make the soakers with an extra layer in the wetzone or an extra hammock of fleece in the wetzone of the flongies as i do think it makes a difference.
i love how cheap and easy fleece is too :)

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:23 pm

Ooooo, you're the person to ask! What type of fleece do you use to make your soakers? Coz I was looking and there's anti-pill, polar, super soft... Which one (if it matters?) am I meant to use?! Looking at some lovely ones in the US :giggle:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:50 pm

i use polar fleece hun as it seems the best for us.i have made them out of cheapo fleece blankets from tesco before....while they looked lovely at first they didnt wear at all well after a few washes.
i think most people use polar fleece for these hun. :hug:

PreviousNext

Return to Wraps (pilchers)