hf1

Never thought I'd be saying this

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Never thought I'd be saying this

Postby Saskia » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks for the link to the pattern! It's not something I'd thought about to be honest as I don't think fleece is overly expensive to buy ready made - plus I don't have a sewing machine... I might reconsider if I ever get a creative urge though!

I've got a Snugglebots order which I'm waiting on atm, can't wait to receive it!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:04 am

Well it didn't go so well for us ... didn't wake him up but he was very damp all the way through nappy, LL bamboo booster, fleece soaker, sleeping bag, blanket I'd put under him just in case all the way to his sheet :( ... not sure I want to try again, he is feeding (7floz) at 7pm and then 11pm (6-7floz) and getting up at 7am, plus he doesn't move at all (apart from hands lol) so perhaps it's too much to expect from fleece. :-?

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:40 am

was the sleeping bag tight?
what top did he have on? did the soaker cover all the nappy with no chance of top bit poking out? we get leaks only if nappy escapes out of the flongies at the top (ie if waist band is too loose) or she has a top on that is too long ? or if nappy not absorbant enough :D hth xx
Sally aka question master :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:43 am

Oh no! We haven't chanced it at night yet and use a PUL wrap atm, I guess the compression caused by an immobile baby causes it to seep through... I also think it must depend how absorbant the nappy is - our LLS and baby beehinds nappies certainly seem less wet to the touch than a goodmamas after using them for the same length of time (not necessarily overnight).

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:03 am

Oooo, ours worked a treat!! But then he had a Holdens Landing bedbug on, changed at 10pm and was fine at 6am when he got up. He had a 5 oz bottle at 10pm then a 7oz bottle about 5am, so was impressed that it hadn't leaked. Although I did add another booster on top of the two that the HL already has and the sewn in invisible layers too..!! Think I was just too worried about it leaking :giggle: Will be attempting to make one tonight, I'm just so glad that fleece dries quickly so he can wear it again tonight :) Although as I only have one HL bedbug I going to have to boost a tots bots or Little Lamb for tonight so watch this space!

Oh and I put Kellan in his usual clothing - poppered up vest and trousers/long sleeved top pj's. Not even damp! :yahoo:

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:00 am

zoeyboo wrote:Well it didn't go so well for us ... didn't wake him up but he was very damp all the way through nappy, LL bamboo booster, fleece soaker, sleeping bag, blanket I'd put under him just in case all the way to his sheet :( ... not sure I want to try again, he is feeding (7floz) at 7pm and then 11pm (6-7floz) and getting up at 7am, plus he doesn't move at all (apart from hands lol) so perhaps it's too much to expect from fleece. :-?

Not sure what the Pumpkin pants soakers are like but I have some longies and they are only one layer of fleece, even with my light wetter he can still wet through them as it leaks through the seams. I have some Snugglebots which are fab, two layers throughout the nappy area so no leaking at all and some Tweedlebee Tweedlebums which have a hammock strip to give two layers over the seam area.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:19 am

Sunset wrote:I have some Snugglebots which are fab, two layers throughout the nappy area so no leaking at all and some Tweedlebee Tweedlebums which have a hammock strip to give two layers over the seam area.

I have a Snugglebots soaker too, they're lovely :) Where did you get the Tweedlebee Tweedlebums from?

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:21 pm

choccylisa wrote:
Sunset wrote:I have some Snugglebots which are fab, two layers throughout the nappy area so no leaking at all and some Tweedlebee Tweedlebums which have a hammock strip to give two layers over the seam area.

I have a Snugglebots soaker too, they're lovely :) Where did you get the Tweedlebee Tweedlebums from?

She has a store on hyenacart and one on etsy too. She is fairly busy though so when you add in the shipping from the US it can take a while, I think my last order was the best part of 7 weeks.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:04 pm

Well, not too worried about that bit as my niece lives in the US and is meeting up with my sil in South Africa in June. My sil then flies back to London, so will bring anything for me :giggle: I just have to make a huge decision as to what to buy, weight limiting of course...

PreviousNext

Return to Wraps (pilchers)