hf1

Another thick fleece question...

My avatar
quorlia
Clothie
Clothie

Another thick fleece question...

Postby quorlia » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:51 am

That's the question that's thick not the fleece although that is fairly thick.....OK i'll stop now and actually ask :lol:

I've been rather sceptical about fleece soakers but my LO has been in one since this morning and when I changed her before her nap I was shocked as to how wet the nappy inside was. Now at the moment she is wearing a little dress so the fleece is poen to the air and I can see how it can work. BUT what I'm not sure is how I dress her if I want to use one at night. Currently she's wearing a sleepsuit and a gro-bag with a boosted little lamb bamboo (and a little lamb wrap) but if I put those on her will she just get compression wicking? She's sleeps flat out on her back still so (if all goes to plan) will spend about 11-12 hours on the same bit of the fleece. I'm hoping that if the fleece works she'll stop waking me up with a soggy bum!

My avatar
mamamoo
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Another thick fleece question.

Postby mamamoo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:59 pm

I thought I'd bump this coz I'm wondering about trying fleece too :wink: We use bamboozles overnight with a motherease wrap but her legs are getting rubbed in these. Helen goes 12-13 hours on her tummy. She wears a vest and babygro and grobag (our flat is freezing all year round!)

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:15 pm

We use fleece and wool at night with my 7 week old and havent had a leak yet :-) we use a bamboo little lamb with the boster folded in the wetzone and it lasts 12 hours no probs tho it is soaked in the morn.
The way they work is they allow a little of the moisture to evaporate which makes the nappy last longer. Its like magic :-)

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Ethans been in fleece over his wnnn,s at night for well over a year now. I tried other nappies and wraps ect but just couldn't get on with them so he ended up in disposables at night before then. I use either a fleece soaker over his nappies with a sleepsack over the top or fleece trousers over his nappy with a sleepsack on top. During the summer when it was scorchio he would quite often sleep just in his nappy and fleece soaker. I have never ever had a leak using fleece so for me its just been so reliable. It just stays dry and draws the moisture out and best of all is you can wash and dry the fleece covers with all your other washing so there is no special care needed. I am about to try wool when this new baby arrives but have got a feeling I may well end up using fleece for this new baby too. Ps baby behinds night nappies are great too!! :-)

My avatar
mamamoo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mamamoo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to give it a go :thumbsup:

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:52 pm

angiepangie2809 wrote:Ethans been in fleece over his wnnn,s at night for well over a year now. I tried other nappies and wraps ect but just couldn't get on with them so he ended up in disposables at night before then. I use either a fleece soaker over his nappies with a sleepsack over the top or fleece trousers over his nappy with a sleepsack on top. During the summer when it was scorchio he would quite often sleep just in his nappy and fleece soaker. I have never ever had a leak using fleece so for me its just been so reliable. It just stays dry and draws the moisture out and best of all is you can wash and dry the fleece covers with all your other washing so there is no special care needed. I am about to try wool when this new baby arrives but have got a feeling I may well end up using fleece for this new baby too. Ps baby behinds night nappies are great too!! :-)

wow - what fleece wrap/flongies do you use? we've never had much joy with fleece unfortunately :(

Return to Wraps (pilchers)