hf1

Large fleece wraps - where to start?

My avatar
ilovemyoboes
Clothie
Clothie

Large fleece wraps - where to start?

Postby ilovemyoboes » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:58 pm

Having issues with PUL wraps marking my little man's legs as he has very chunky thighs but a slim-ish waist. Never used any fleece wraps though and have no idea where to start looking or which to choose for a large, active 16month old. Any recommendations ladies?

Will fleece wraps 'breathe'? (Don't like it when the nappy under the PUL is really soggy after a nap.) Can you use fleece wraps when the child is sleeping?

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Large fleece wraps - where to start?

Postby babygrowbelly » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:02 pm

My son only has fleece or wool on a night now (more fleece than wool) and they suit him (heavy wetter) I highly recommend The Nappy Garden as her customer serivice is great and she stocks several makes (i love the pumpkin pants ones) :wink:

http://nappygarden.co.uk/index.php?main ... tela331fn5

My avatar
ilovemyoboes
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ilovemyoboes » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:04 pm

Thanks babygrowbelly, having a look now. :coffee:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:04 pm

Totsbots fleece wraps get my vote if you want something that isn't pull up like a fleece soaker.
If you want to buy WAHM, I love our Snugglebots snap up fleece soaker :D

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Fleece is ideal for night use as it allows the moisture to evaporate, so the nappy shouldn't be as wet in the morning.
As fleece isn't waterproof you may find that the outside is very slightly damp in the morning, not wet or leaking, just where the moisture is evaporating.

Natures Babies do a Multiwrap which is a double layer fleece wrap with side snap poppers & let gussets to help with any poo leaks! Or you could get a fleece soaker or flongies (fleece trousers) that he could wear with a t-shirt as pyjamas. Jabula Baby & Bespoke Baby Room stock some lovely ones incl Pumpkinpants.

Hope that Helps! :D

My avatar
ilovemyoboes
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ilovemyoboes » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Yes, that does help, thanks zoeyboo. Will have a look at those websites. Tried the snugglebots site and it's down for maintenance which is a shame.

Return to Wraps (pilchers)