hf1

Which wrap for XL sandys on my XXL toddler?

My avatar
Joppers
Clothie
Clothie

Which wrap for XL sandys on my XXL toddler?

Postby Joppers » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:03 pm

I've been trying to get cloth nappies to fit my 40lb nearly-three-year-old and have finally found that xl Sandys are a nice fit but with a Popolino XL wrap over the top it's too tight round her thighs. We're a long way off potty training and i really dont want to have to use disposables potentially for several more months. Can anyone suggest a bigger wrap? Or an alternative size 3 system which is more 'generously sized'?!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Which wrap for XL sandys on my XXL toddler?

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Have you tried Little Lambs size 3? My DD is almost 3 and is well over 40lbs, and she's only JUST getting a bit too big for them now.

The other wraps I have are handmade and pre-loved with no labels so I can't help there :(

Oh and how about Tots Bots size 3? They're nice and roomy still on DD :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:39 pm

We have a Stacinator (XL I think) and it's huge

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tinkerbell » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:43 pm

Tots Bots size 3 are really big. I bought some to try for my 28 month old and they are really too big, although still reliable. They are too big at the thighs even with the waist as tight as it will go but we have had no leaks. Large WN wraps are too tight for DS round the thighs but these are huge. Hope this helps x

My avatar
Joppers
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Joppers » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:15 am

Thanks ladies I will definitely try a stacinator and wee notions wraps - hadn't even heard of a stacinator before. Had just ordered some size 3 little lambs the day I posted the query - I use them for my ayounger son but the size 3s were a really funny fit on my toddler, massive at waist but really tight round thighs. Suppose she's inherited her mother's shape, poor girl :giggle:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:18 am

Have you tried fleece soakers or fleece longies? I find it hard to get wraps that fit Kellan, so mainly use fleecce or wool now. Also see if you can hunt out some Upsy Daisy wraps (they're not made any more but are floating around still) - they are on the bigger size and I find they fit my chunky thighed no stomach monkey really well :wink:

Return to Wraps (pilchers)