hf1

Red rings on thighs

My avatar
Mrs_Teapot
Clothie
Clothie

Red rings on thighs

Postby Mrs_Teapot » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:35 am

I have motherease airflow that I have been using for night time. No leaks or anything :D
But Charlie has red rings around his thighs come morning :( .
Does not happen in the day as much, I suppose because I am changing him more and I do like to vary what he has on his bum!

Anything I can do to combat this problem? He is a chunky monkey.
I was thinking of getting a fleece wrap just for bedtime usage. Do you think this would be the best solution.

Oh BTW, I have only been using cloth for about a month now, and DS2 is 12mths and 23lbs.

Thankyou
Rosie
x

My avatar
JennyWren
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Red rings on thighs

Postby JennyWren » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:50 am

Hi Rosie, welcome to the board. how you doing? we use Stacinator fleece wraps here for night time and they work very well. only thing is that they are a bit bulky but it doesn't bother me too much. they also dry super fast. we used minki pockets for a while (which are fab) but liv seemed to get a bit rashy with the fleece directly against her bum. wraps aren't a problem though. also you might want to try a wool soaker or shorties. i'm sure a lot of the other mums here will agree. they are lovely and soft, no tight elastic around the thighs, are very breathable and work brilliantly if properly lanolised. Don't be put off by thinking they're a big chore to use, it's very straightforward once you know how and you can air them between use rather than washing each time.
Jenny x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:42 am

We used to use the motherease wraps and found the same thing with the red rings - it was even in the daytime for us too...

I found that doing an extra rinse cycle in the washing machine helped as it seemed like we got detergent buildup round the legs... Another thing that helped was switching to the Weenotions http://www.weenotions.co.uk wraps as these have lycra binding round the legs and are much kinder to the skin! (Plus they're WAY funkier too!)

Fleece at night is a good and easy next step to ease you into night-time wraps, but ultimately wool seems the best bet for night-time... We switched to fleece at night initially and it did help but I now thing wool is MAGIC! :D It is a bit dauting at first but not at all complicated or anything...

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:53 am

Hiya Rosie!

was basically gonna say the same as Steph has said!

For my girls I use either a wool wrap over a fitted nappy or the minki fleece pockets (which I love :wink: )

Fleece is good and the fleece wrap needs to be washed after every use, wool is fab and can be used a few times before it will need a full wash! (honest!!)

jan x

My avatar
Mrs_Teapot
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mrs_Teapot » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:37 pm

I am in love with the wee notions site!
Darn, an excuse to spend money, poor poor bank account! :twisted:

The only thing with wool is that I can't touch it.... I think I am allergic, its all scratchy. Well it was years ago last time I felt wool. :oops: I may be brave! I shall go and look at the wool forum.
Right, off to brush up on my wool knowledge and to find a nice bed time wrap or 10 :oops:

Thankyou xx

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:54 pm

The wool wraps are lanolised, so they are soft (and occasionally a bit slimy if you put too much on) rather than scratchy.

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Fri May 16, 2008 7:25 pm

we have similar problems, was wondering about elastic allergy but it could be build up. I guess Nathaniel just has sensitive skin, Imo doesn't seem to get it

Return to Wraps (pilchers)