Problem with PUL on flip?

My avatar
tara
Clothie
Clothie

Problem with PUL on flip?

Postby tara » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi

I have noticed recently that my 2 oldest flip covers seem to be leaking. Flips have always worked really well for us for both days and nights but recently they have started leaking, it seems to be only the 2 older zinnia covers that we are having this problem with. Also, after I take all the flip covers out of the machine, the water seems to bead on the newer covers but not on the older ones (hope this makes sense). They seem to be leaking right through the cover from the legs outwards so I think it is the PUL and not the leg elastic that has the problem, although the leg elastic isn't as tight as it once was. Is there anything I can do about this or are they just ready for the bin? It seems a shame as I have had them for less than a year, I haven't soaked them or washed them in anything I shouldn't have and I really love my flips. Any suggestions?

Thanks

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Problem with PUL on flip?

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:38 pm

A lot of people find throwing them in the tumble for a bit helps to re seal the PUL. I haven't done it myself so I don't know how long/what temp etc though.
:hug:

My avatar
tara
Clothie
Clothie

Postby tara » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks, I haven't got a dryer which is why I haven't tried it yet, I could send them home with my mum one day, I guess it couldn't hurt as I can't use them now anyway for fear of them leaking, it might just be a good excuse to buy some of the new colours!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Contact the retailer you bought them from and ask them for details of how you return them. They should have a 1 year guarantee as all Cotton Babies products do :wink:

My avatar
tara
Clothie
Clothie

Postby tara » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Great, thanks Caroline, I think I got them from cheeks and cherries, now all I have to do is trawl through my old emails to find the invoice.

Return to Wraps (pilchers)