hf1

Weehuggers or Thirsstie Duos?

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Weehuggers or Thirsstie Duos?

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:27 pm

Which is the best in your opionion and why?

to use with thier own inserts? prefolds? and normal fitteds (LL etc)

cheers ladies xx

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Weehuggers or Thirsstie Duos?

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:23 am

I know Sally did a full comparison of these ... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=60902&p=699128&hilit=weehuggers#p699128

HTH

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:12 am

I had both and sold my weehuggers and kept all my thirsties...

Thirsties, i love these, they are economical, bombproof and i love that you can wipe the whole inside of the wrap...deffinatly my favs.

weehuggers, i sold them on, i had two prints and loved the prints and the little velcro hands but we got wicking with the prints, I also found that becuase you tuck the prefold under the flaps at either end of the wrap that if K pooped then i could never re-use the wrap becuase it got on the flaps EVERY time...where as with the thirsties the prefold lays flat accross the whole wrap the the prefold took the brunt of the poop...if that makes sense and i can pretty much always re-use the wrap as its poop free (obv unless its nasty and then the wrap goes in the wash too...) I also found that the bamboo flaps took alittle while tro dry so more often than not i had to use another wrap each change while the current one dried out and with them being bamboo it can take a little while...so i got through more wraps in one day than with the thirsties....I also find them to be quite pricey for a wrap (would be different if i was using them with their bamboo inserts but i only use prefolds)...im tempted to try the solid colours as i have read on diaperswappers that people get less wicking with these but the flap issue puts me off :(

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:44 pm

If you want to use them over normal fitteds I'd get the Thirsties
I don't use Fitteds just pad folded homemade prefolds,Thirstie prefolds or babeco prefolds never used weehugger inserts as it's cheaper to buy or make your own you can also use pocket stuffing in the weehuggers.
I have both and love them Weehuggers take ages longer to dry as Tory says but I love the cotton feel of them and the flaps make them more of a 2in1 system which is great for nursery but you get more uses out of a thirstie before you have to wash so it is much better value :D

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:39 pm

Thanks ladies! THirsties it is then xx

Return to Wraps (pilchers)