Not feeling the love (Thirstie Duo)

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Not feeling the love (Thirstie Duo)

Postby 123princesssammie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:22 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Im gutted i dnt think its going to work for us, originally alesha wore a pad folded prefold with the wrap on the smallest rise setting and tabs crossed over fitted her lovely, an hour later i checked her and the internal gussets had given her horrible leg marks, so i moved to the medium setting again with another pad folded prefold and it was gaping at the legs andd getting wing droop :(

is it cause im pad folding the prefold (folded in half and then half again against the sewn lines, if that makes sense)

how did you use your prefolds inside this wrap?

will try with terries/fitteds tomorrow but wanted to just use my prefolds as they dry really quick indoors and she wriggles too much most of the time to use the terries, and fitteds take days to dry indoors

any suggestions ladies? im despate for this to work xx

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Not feeling the love (Thirstie Duo)

Postby megansmummy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:16 pm

Is it a popper or aplix wrap?

ETA i use prefolds pad folded either longways or width ways and i also use it nippa'd on too.

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Aplix

xx

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:58 pm

I havnt ever had wing droop with a aplix wrap :-? Its the main reason i avoid popper wraps as i can never get a good fit with them...

Hmmm...try the different folds with the prefolds, these are the only wraps that dont give kieren read marks on his thighs...occasionally he gets a red mark but its more of a pressure mark (like you get around the top of your socks for example) rather than a nasty red mark iykwim?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Could you have the wrong rise setting?

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:11 pm

I tend to do mine up quite loose around the waist so it doesn't dig in around her legs and the rise varies from day to day always medium to full rise tho only have one velcro one and only use prefolds in them pad folded :-?

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Hmm thanks ladies, going to try the newspaper fold and bikini twist tomorrow and nippa the prefold and play around with the sizing on the wrap, am sure i will find something that works, i think they are more like pressure marks but where quite red, shame as the smallest rise which gave the marks fitted lovely xx

Return to Wraps (pilchers)