hf1

What wraps for a newborn?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

What wraps for a newborn?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi, my newborn nappy stash is complete but I don't know what wraps to get. I don't use wool as have never realy got the love for it and whilst I do use fleece on ethan over his wnnn's overnight I want some pul wraps for the new baby. I know I like imse vimse wraps as they was so soft on ethan but what other wraps are nice and soft but contain everything too...I've also got some prefolds to use too so woud like some wraps that can deal with fitteds and prefolds if poss...I do have some xs rikki wraps but they are not all that soft as far as I am concerned and what should I go for...popper or applix fastening? Many thanks xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: What wraps for a newborn?

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:08 pm

I loved our Weenotions XS and small ones - they're abit poofy on a newborn sure but they've soft edges and contain everything and fit over all shapes/styles of nappy too which was very useful as the blueberry wrap I tried while it was cute it only fitted over certain trim nappies...

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:11 pm

love nature babies wraps here and little lambs

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:13 pm

Havnt tried them on a NB yet obviously but i have some weehuggers size 1 and also some thirsties duo size 1's here for the baby...i know that on K the thirsties duos are better over fitteds and prefolds where as the weehuggers i would really only use with prefolds...

I used XS and S airflows on K when he was ickle :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm not planning on using PUL wraps at all but if I was I think I'd get Dunk n Fluff or Wee Notions. I'm sure I read somewhere that WN have changed/are changing the design of their wraps slightly so they are less poofy. Motherease Rikki are quite reliable too.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:19 pm

I liked xs weenotions and also naturebabies. Both have very soft binding and were a good fit on Poppy. We also had a couple of wool soakers that i loved using too.

But like Louise said Weenotions are changing their design. The newer one is pretty trim, we've been testing the large and I'm very impressed. :)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:20 pm

ooh yes im forgetting that we also have a fair few wool soakers that I have knitted in newborn and small so we can use those under sleepsuits etc too :)

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:09 pm

If I could knit properly I might be tempted to try wool soakers ect but I can't and I don't realy have the time to dedicate to it either. I forgot that I used nature babies wraps with ethan too and realy liked them, they was nice and soft too. And thanks for the info on weehuggers and thirsties wraps tory, I was thinking of getting some but I may only get thirsties and not the weehuggers if the weehuggers are not as good for fitteds too. Thanks ladies x

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:24 pm

i had some ME rikki's and some little lamb's for clara - the LL's were so much softer, were stretchier so could get a better fit when she was little, and the velcro could overlap which i don't think it did on the rikki's. i never had a single leak from the size 1 ll wrap... the size 2 is a different story though :giggle:

my vote: ll's all the way!

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)