hf1

What the heck is fold over elastic?!

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

What the heck is fold over elastic?!

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:09 pm

This is probably a v.v.dumb question as the clue is prob in the name but what actually is foe? The last time i used fitteds and wraps was nearly 4 yrs ago when i just had bog standard gussetted white wraps...did the job but but not v.pretty! Anyway, i am now getting fitteds and wraps for new bub due april and saw some v.sweet patterned wraps with foe...what is it, how do you use it and is it as reliable as a gussetted wrap? Really want to get some nice wraps for summer when nappies are exposed more!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: What the heck is fold over elastic?!

Postby clothmama » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:31 am

Was about the same time as you that I last bought wraps and Im not sure either! Hopefully someone will be a along to enlighten us! :D

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:09 am

It elastic with a crease down the middle, use similar to bias tape but it's very stretchy, so you stretch as you stitch to get the elasticstion you need around legs etc, very soft aswell,
Comes in loads of colours and can also have printed designs on it, I loved the stuff abd made making wraps very quick and simple x
You can buy it from www.pocket-bots.com x

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:54 am

how do they wear a wrap with it on though,do you just put it over the nappy or is there some sort of technique to putting it on that will contain the poop?!

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:00 pm

babiesgalore+1more wrote:how do they wear a wrap with it on though,do you just put it over the nappy or is there some sort of technique to putting it on that will contain the poop?!

I will hunt done a wrap later that I made using FOE so you can see x

Return to Wraps (pilchers)