hf1

NB wraps

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

NB wraps

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Right, ive got a beautiful NB puddlekins nappy with an umbi snap for babys first nappy and my question is what wrap do I use. Do some NB wraps come with an ubi snap? what do you do with the wrap and the umbi area?
Same with my teenyfits. they dont have an umbi snap so do I try and put them under the cord, or do they go over it.
Very confused and dont want to get it wrong

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: NB wraps

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:21 pm

I have a selection of wraps becuase i dont like anything to cover the umbi area while its healing...i got size 1 thirdties duo's, size 1 weehuggers, small little lambs wraps, xs motherease airflow wraps etc...on all the photos i have seen of NB LO's wearing the thirsties duo wraps the wrap sits under the cord...

I guess with wool you could put it over (obv you want to avoid anything thats going to rest ON IT) but as wool is breathable you could put it over...I wouldnt put PUL wraps over it becuase it wont dry out...

Weenotions wraps are cute but i didnt like them on Kieren, they are way too poofy for my liking :(

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:24 pm

Ive got a tots bots fleece size zero wrap, 2 thirsties wraps, but not the duo ones, so might be worth me getting a fe of those cos you can lowwer the rise on them cant you. Also got small LL wraps.
Would fleece be ok over the cord do you think? Am thinking about all the fleece soakers ive been making

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:21 pm

I have never had a prob with putting a wrap over the cord. As long as it doesn't rest on the cord itself it won't be a problem. I won't be using PUL at all with this baby, only wool. And maybe the odd fleece soaker for emergencies although knowing me I will have way more wool than I need :oops: :hohoho:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:34 pm

WIth both Missy and the Gorilla, wraps have always gone above the cord. I've not found it causes any problems with healing. In fact, Callum's cord dropped off last night. :) I'm really liking our Dunk N Fluff wrap. It's very neat fitting and covers everything well.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:09 pm

I put the wraps over the top as well. I use nature babies pul wraps as they're so soft, I have a ME xs and LL wrap but found them a bit stiff.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Hiya, I put the wrap over the cord too and had no problems. My kiddies were 6 12 and 7 2 so finding a wrap that would go under the cord would be impossible lol. I had thirsties duo wraps over muslin squares then nippa'd prefold and some other fitteds and the cord dried and fell off after about 5 days.
I ve not had an umbilical snap nappy though but I had fleece liners so made sure the liner was on the umbilical cord and not the nappy or wrap.
Hope this helps, good luck xxxx

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:43 pm

We really like thirsties NB wraps...they fit Liam really well and just tuck under his cord whilst still fitting well around the legs (although he was a longish baby at 53 cm). we also have a couple of proraps that fit under the cord, but gape a bit at the legs. The tots bots size 0 fleece seems to swallow his whole body at the moment...I guess that there are worse things than being swallowed by a rainbow though.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:48 pm

With Charlotte I didn't know any different and just had MEOS with ME wraps and they were over the cord, there were no problems whatsoever. With Ben, I had a few little things that either sat below the cord or had a popper down bit but they really aren't essential.

I think, just keep changing them frequently and keeping it clean and it will be fine

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)