Help about flongies

My avatar
RUBY_1985
Clothie
Clothie

Help about flongies

Postby RUBY_1985 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Hi :wave:

Im sorry if similar questions have been asked about flongies but I was after some advice about these. Im fairly new to cloth nappy's so apologies for these questions if I am asking the obvious lol

Anyway id basically like to know....

Do you need to put a wrap on your nappy underneath flongies or do flongies act as the wrap?

If they act as the wrap can they be used over night and do they not leak or cause bedding to smell of wee?

Also do they need treating like wool does to make them waterproof?

For sizing do you get them to fit like a pair of trousers would fit or do they need to be a closer fit? I hope that makes sense lol :giggle:

Thanks in advance :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Help about flongies

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:39 pm

:wave:
I love flongies :D
No you don't need a warp, I use them overnight all the time (either them or just fleece pj's from Peacocks) and no they don't need to be treated, just wash after each use. You can use fabric conditioner as well :wink: I have never had a leak or any dampness at all
Sorry missed the fit bit. I just order in her age iynwim, the WHAMS that make them take the cloth bum into consideration xx

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Also fleece is stretchy so fits for longer :D And they come in skirts, trouers and shorts so fab variety. Ours go in the wash with the rest of the clothing wash and dry within half an hour. We wear them daytime too sometimes.

My avatar
RUBY_1985
Clothie
Clothie

Postby RUBY_1985 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:04 pm

Oh right thanks

Im surprised you can use them overnight and not need a wrap. Will give them a try :D

Thanks for the help

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:06 pm

fleece soakers are fab over night as well, Gracie wears them either under pj's or a night dress :wink:

Return to Wraps (pilchers)