hf1

Cord blood stains on PUL wrap

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Cord blood stains on PUL wrap

Postby usinukveg » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi all, Baby Liam was born on Wednesday!! :yahoo: More details to come...once we find a bit of time to write the birth story!

Just a quick question: how do you remove cord blood stains from pul wraps? Two of Liam's are stained, one I just put through the wash with his nappies (as it's not a great wrap, I don't care if it has some stains) but the other one is nice and fits him really well so I would prefer to keep it looking bright and white. I think I remember that vinegar (my stain treatment of choice) breaks down PUL...so what can I use?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Cord blood stains on PUL wrap

Postby megansmummy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:38 pm

I have no idea about the cord blood...what about vanish powder? :-? Dont quote me on that though becuase i dont know...bicarb?

Congratulations on your new Son, welcome to the world little baby Liam!! :babyboy: :wine: :mrgreen:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:40 pm

I've no idea either so no use at all am I but wanted to say congrats on the birth of Liam :wine:

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Salt takes out blood. Not sure how a blood stain will affect PUL. Don't wash it hot though, rinse the stain out cold first. Hot water cooks in blood stains.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Big congrats

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Shaunie wrote:I've no idea either so no use at all am I but wanted to say congrats on the birth of Liam :wine:

WSS. Congrats hun. xx :wine: :wine:

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Thank so much for all the congrats :hug: we're going for a bit of a walk soon so I'll see if I can find vanish while we're out. Salt we've got! I'll let you know how it comes out.

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:57 am

Apparently our local lidl doesn't have vanish, so I used very salty water to rub the stains out. Some of the salt didn't dissolve, so I used the granule to rub the stains. Worked really well!

Other not fallen off yet cord stains have come out with borax substitute mixed with a bit of water to make a paste, although these were all on the bias tape/foldover elastic and not directly on the pul.

Thanks again for the tips and congratulations!

Return to Wraps (pilchers)