hf1

Make your own fleece wraps?

My avatar
angielizzy
Clothie
Clothie

Make your own fleece wraps?

Postby angielizzy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:48 pm

I have made my own flongies out of the sleaves from an old fleece jumper sewn together. can't really believe they work as i dont have a sewing machine and cant really sew lol. was so impressed that i made some more with another old jumper (they all have holes) but now in wondering if i could make some fleece wraps from the body of the jumper or would i really need a sewing machine to do that. also would it work as fleece liners. I do use fleece liners but buy cheap fleece and the jumpers are much thicker

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Make your own fleace wraps?

Postby ramsons » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:54 pm

I've made my own fleece soakers and longies from jumpers. I can't see why you can't handsew them, it would just take alot longer to make them. I've done all mine with a sewing machine though.

My avatar
angielizzy
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Make your own fleace wraps?

Postby angielizzy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:33 pm

i had a go and think it looks great. hes worn it twice but both times hes weed more in an hour than he would usualy in 4 or 5 so it has leaked and nappy has been ringing wet and i have no idea if it would work with a more normal amount. just been washed and im going to try again. been sewing while ds has been sleeping on me as he has been ill and sleeping more but my mum is going to let me use her sewing machine for my next 1. I hope it works i dont think its been used since i used it for school when i was about 15 lol

Return to Wraps (pilchers)