hf1

Nappies/wraps for chunky thighs

My avatar
twm
Clothie
Clothie

Nappies/wraps for chunky thighs

Postby twm » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:54 pm

I have 4mo twins and am moving to cloth. I have tried and like the little lamb wraps over fitted or prefolds, but they leave red marks or girl baby's thighs (fit perfectly on her more slimline brother). Size 1 is supposed to fit till 9mo, she's not big for her age overall, just her bum and thighs! would like to not require two different systems for each baby. If I go up to suze 2 is this likely to work or will they be too big for her elsewhere?

what other makes/systems would people recommend for a chunky thighed girl?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Nappies/wraps for chunky thighs

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Are they front fastening wraps? You might be better off with side snapping ones that have poppers for the waist and legs.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:03 pm

:wave: How about Blueberry coveralls? They are onesize so you can fold down the rise it fit for the height. I use them on both my 2 and they fit them both very well, even though they both have the same size thighs. :D

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:32 pm

My little boy always had a little waist but huge thighs!

I found Thirsties Duo Wraps Ideal for him & to work over the different nappies I use. They are applix (velcro) fastening so easily adjustable, but have poppers to adjust the rise, brilliant if you are using on 2 different babies. The fabric is much much softer than a little lamb wrap and also there are gussets on the legs which are great for newborn poo explosions & kind on chunky legs.

Kittykins http://www.kittykins.co.uk/wraps/type/2/brand/thirsties
& Peachtots http://www.peachytots.co.uk/index.cfm/t ... uo-wraps/-
are stockists... the Sz1 I found didn't last until the upper weight quoted because my LO is so long, the Sz2 seemed huge but they soon fit fine on the lowest setting & we are still using them now.

My avatar
twm
Clothie
Clothie

Postby twm » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:14 pm

Louise Ihave a ME airflow wrap that I haven't tried yet - do you mean like that? will give it a go tomorrow

chocmiffin (good name!) do these coveralls catch bf poo?

zoey I've avoided thirsties because they seem quite expensive even second hand, but I've been meaning to try and will restart my hunt :) this cloth business is complicated!

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:21 pm

twm wrote:zoey I've avoided thirsties because they seem quite expensive even second hand, but I've been meaning to try and will restart my hunt :) this cloth business is complicated!

Umm, yes I guess they could seem that way,
I started with 2 in the Sz1 when they were on offer and was so impressed that when he outgrew them I bought more in Sz2, they are all I use now.
I have 6 and have been using them full-time since Rufus was about 3 months old and they are still working well, I use them fully unsnapped over his night nappies & during the day he's now back on the lowest rise setting since becoming mobile & slimming down ... I've not had a leak yet so that along with the fact they fit over every nappy I've tried I think they are worth the extra ...

...but yes it would be good to pick one up used to try, I've not seen many, I think because people use them till they fall apart lol!

My avatar
twm
Clothie
Clothie

Postby twm » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:27 pm

yes, fair point zoey :)

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:55 am

twm wrote:
chocmiffin (good name!) do these coveralls catch bf poo?

Cant be sure as I dont bf but they've contained the worst ever ones mine have produced :D I think they would! I can also vouch for thirstys as I use them too but thought blueberry ones would be better for you cos you can be sure of only needing one not two sizes :wink:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:05 am

thirsties duo wraps are good because you fold down the rise for different sized nappies/babies. my little lady has huge hips and tiny waist... she still gets red marks with them though as i have to pull so tight across tummy, makes the legs go tighter. need to have them on high rise to cover the nappy but obviously that makes the legs much looser. she's in size 2's though, don't know abput the fit of size 1's.

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)