hf1

What wrap for a skinny little man

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

What wrap for a skinny little man

Postby usinukveg » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:06 pm

The title says it all! Just as the legs and waist on his newborn wraps started to fit, he got longer. The legs and the waist still fit, it's just that the nappies don't fit inside anymore (if that makes sense) so I need to buy some small wraps. we have one wrap that's a great fit, called dan nappy or dan happy or something, but it's covered in something fuzzy (minki or fleece, not sure) so it makes a massive nappy and his clothes don't fit properly (ie i can't snap them up so his pjs just have to stay open around the nappy area which is fine at home but less than ideal when out). all the others gape something frightening around the thighs. I would love to get my hands on some more thirsties as the xs size was awesome but was wondering if there were any other good ones?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: What wrap for a skinny little man

Postby megansmummy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:53 pm

I really like thirsties duo wraps...I find they come up smaller in the rise than the small sized thirsties wraps... so over bigger fitted like little lambs I use the smalls but over prefolds or oww fitteds I use the size 1 duo :)
Last edited by megansmummy on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:08 pm

thanks tory, good to know! I'm trying to hold out to buy a duo until i can get the size 2, seeing as i've already made it past the xs, thought i could probably wait just that much longer. I can't wait to get it though, the colours are much nicer than what i have!!

I've been poking around online and keep seeing bummis, does anyone know if they would be suitable for a skinny guy?
Last edited by usinukveg on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:19 pm

my lo is really long and skinny ans i love my coloured LittleLamb wraps.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:25 pm

red_dwarf wrote:my lo is really long and skinny ans i love my coloured LittleLamb wraps.

I have a couple of these but the rise seems huge? Think Simon cowel stylee...

Do you get that too??

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:33 pm

megansmummy wrote:
red_dwarf wrote:my lo is really long and skinny ans i love my coloured LittleLamb wraps.

I have a couple of these but the rise seems huge? Think Simon cowel stylee...

Do you get that too??

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:
Yep he is simon coweling it up today :) TBH it doesnt realy bother me that the rise is so big. Its really stretchy and doesnt dig in so he seems comfy enough in them

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:26 pm

LL wraps! good to know. I desperately need long rise wraps!! That's why thirsties worked so well, they were the longest rise on a nb wrap of the ones that I had.

Had a look at your bf piccies today ant, liam and oliver seem to be similarly built. Liam has a little friend called Peter who is 5 weeks his junior but already MUCH fatter than Liam. We jokingly call them Liam the Lean and Peter the Porker. Oliver could be...Oliver the oblong??? Sorry, I can't think of anything better!!!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:43 pm

usinukveg wrote:LL wraps! good to know. I desperately need long rise wraps!! That's why thirsties worked so well, they were the longest rise on a nb wrap of the ones that I had.

Had a look at your bf piccies today ant, liam and oliver seem to be similarly built. Liam has a little friend called Peter who is 5 weeks his junior but already MUCH fatter than Liam. We jokingly call them Liam the Lean and Peter the Porker. Oliver could be...Oliver the oblong??? Sorry, I can't think of anything better!!!

He is rediculously long and skinny. He is already at the end of the feet of his 0-3 month sleepsuits :shock: They swamp him on the width tho :roll:
Dont know what the white LL wraps are like because ive got the new coloured ones, but they are really stretchy pul and nice and soft aswell. Ive got the thirsties xs wraps too (still fit just on the rise but loads of room in the width :roll: ) and the pul on the LL wraps is much softer imo and the leg gusset is bigger as well which helps with the fit arround his skinny legs

Return to Wraps (pilchers)