hf1

Euc, guc, etc

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Euc, guc, etc

Postby usinukveg » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:42 am

I read a post about this earlier, about defining with euc and guc actually meant for cnt classifieds. I think it would be a good idea to define them. I've just sold on a tots fleece wrap that I thought was guc, but the seller is disappointed with the condition. Maybe I have lower standards than everyone else (I have received many many preloved in much worse condition!) It was bobbled, but still works perfectly fine? Should I have called it simply used condition? Anyways, she turned down my offer of a refund, so I guess it's not that bad, but I'm left feeling quite guilty.

How would you modify these classifications? (all stains, elastic problems, holes and fading disclosed of course)

New - Never used, never prewashed
Prewashed - never used, only prewashed
EUC - Used but with no stains, very little fading, non-greyed aplix, elastic still stretchy and intact, only slight bobbling on fleece.
GUC - Used possibly with very light stains (disclosed of course) light to medium fading, elastic still stretchy and intact, pul in good condition, bobbling on fleece, slight greying of aplix.
UC - Used with possible stains, fading, elastic less stretchy than before, fleece heavily bobbled.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Euc, guc, etc

Postby babyroo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:45 am

As was said on the other threasd it is such a subjective thing that it is better to actually descibe the condition and any issue such as bobbling than rely on someone else having the same definition of guc.

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:49 am

I know, I'm just guilt posting...it's just that I said it was bobbled, and she was still unhappy!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:50 am

What Ali said. Definitions are difficult as meanings are different to everyone. I rarely describe something as EUC, I tend to use VGUC, which isn't even on your list. I try to describe fully and invite requests for additional pictures and/or descriptions if people want more information about the condition of a particular item.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:09 pm

If you said GUC on a fleece wrap, I would expect some bobbling. Also if you said it on the listing, the issue is hers & not yours. The wrap was sold as described.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:18 pm

monsterm wrote:If you said GUC on a fleece wrap, I would expect some bobbling. Also if you said it on the listing, the issue is hers & not yours. The wrap was sold as described.

I agree - if she knew there was bobbling and it was otherwise fine she's got nothing to complain about

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:38 pm

monsterm wrote:If you said GUC on a fleece wrap, I would expect some bobbling. Also if you said it on the listing, the issue is hers & not yours. The wrap was sold as described.

I agree and fleece bobbles pretty much in the first couple of washes anyways x

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:28 pm

babyroo wrote:

I agree - if she knew there was bobbling and it was otherwise fine she's got nothing to complain about

Yep definitely this. I've got some small fleece wraps that have literally been used no more than 5 times. They are what I'd call EUC because I know how often they've been used, but they are bobbled as that's the very nature of fleece :-?

Return to Wraps (pilchers)