Can anyone offer any advice please

My avatar
fluffybum
Clothie
Clothie

Can anyone offer any advice please

Postby fluffybum » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi there

I'm using cotton tots size 1 nappies on my daughter at the moment, probably moving to a size 2 within the next month. At the moment I am using Motherease either airflow or rikki size medium wraps on her. They have been great until recently. They are now rubbing round her legs and really irritating her skin. I think some of it is her thighs are chunking up until she starts moving a bit. The thing is she has incredibly sensitive skin and she is getting red and rashy round her legs where the wraps touch her. I've just got a (standard) wee notions wrap for her which, at first use, seems to be ok but it's quite 'puffy' and would probably bunch up and be a bit uncomfortable for her under say leggings or similar. I'm not sure whether to try one of their new wraps because I've heard they don't fit so well around cotton tots and I can't really afford to buy a whole new set of nappies. Can anyone suggest a wrap that may accommodate her thighs until she gets mobile and trims down a bit?

Thanks

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Can anyone offer any advice please

Postby CherryPie » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:07 pm

I found Little Lamb wraps fab with Reuben and his totsbots and other nappies too. They do a really good deal through their ebay shop. They're a lovely fit on him and stopped the rubbing problem with his thighs. They are all such different shapes though :roll: Hope you find a suitable wrap soon :hug:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:09 pm

You could try a wool soaker. Gives a lot more room arround the legs and shouldnt cause those problems. They take a little more work with lanolising them, but they work really really well

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:21 pm

How tight are the fastenings on the legs? We used the ME Airflows and I found I could really leave them pretty loose and they would still work. Does she need to go up as size in the wraps?

red_dwarf wrote:You could try a wool soaker. Gives a lot more room arround the legs and shouldnt cause those problems. They take a little more work with lanolising them, but they work really really well

Wool would be a good idea as it is so soft so no rubbing. You can get some beautiful girly soakers or even longies or skirties which then double up as clothing.

My avatar
mummyclo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummyclo » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:48 pm

I agree wool or fleece would be good x

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:06 pm

cat27m wrote:
red_dwarf wrote:You could try a wool soaker. Gives a lot more room arround the legs and shouldnt cause those problems. They take a little more work with lanolising them, but they work really really well

Wool would be a good idea as it is so soft so no rubbing. You can get some beautiful girly soakers or even longies or skirties which then double up as clothing.

Totally agree with trying wool. My DD2 has very sensitive skin and wraps leave her with awful marks, not that we've used them for ages as we have mainly used wool since she was 8 weeks. Other than wool fleece may be an option, just as good as wool IMO and a fraction of the price. Also a lot less work ;) You'd only be able to use fleece for a day at most though so you would need a lot of wraps, whereas wool is fine to reuse after airing overnight unless it gets soiled.

My avatar
fluffybum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby fluffybum » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Thanks for your advice. Please excuse my wool-ignorance but would the wool and lanolin be ok on sensitive skin? I guess I'm a bit scarred by my 70's childhood with itchy wool clothes :lol: Perhaps I need to learn the art of :knit:

I have tried going up a size in wraps but they are too big, especially around the waist.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Yes it shoudl be fine, in fact the lanolin is very moisturising

My avatar
pebbles08
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby pebbles08 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:48 pm

if you're not sure about using wool (my ds HATES his wool, GRRR, it looks so nice though) we've found the blueberry coveralls really good. its a btp wrap, and we use it as our night nappy, no red marks, rubbing or chaffing; and we have sensitive skin too

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)